1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD has no sound

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RayZor, Feb 1, 2003.

1. RayZor

RayZor Member

I created a project in Pinnacle 7. Basically a slideshow of jpeg files. Inserted soundtrack (tried mp3 AND wav format) and rendered as MPEG and MPEG2.
    Project playback is fine from Windows media player and WinDVD.
    I used NeroVision to burn/encode onto DVD format disc on my pc.
    DVD playback video is great on SONY stand-alone DVD player. However there is NO sound.
    Any ideas? this is my first post here.
    Is there another area I should post this question?
    Thanks,
    Ray

Last edited: Feb 1, 2003
  2. bdrummer

bdrummer Guest

I had almost same problem. Wanted to make DVD of Digital-8 home movies. Captured with NeroVision Express which made an avi. That plays on the PC with good video and sound. Then I used the same software to burn DVD-R. The DVD plays great but no sound on standalone player.

3. malum

malum Regular member

Sound for DVD compliance needs to be 48khz not the 44Khz that is standard for most other sound formats

You can convert it using Besweet (you'll have to search I don't have an url) it's not the easiest thing in the world to use so get the GUI as well.

There is a Guide on http://www.vcdhelp.com it's the guide for converting SVCD to DVD.

I don't have much experience of using the above so I can't really help much.

For maximum compliance the sound file needs to be a .ac3 file which besweet can also do for you.