1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD-R and DVD+R cannot be read by my rom drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brh996, Aug 1, 2003.

1. brh996

brh996 Member

I have a Toshiba SD-M1612 ROM drive and an Optorite DVD +/- R/RW drive and have been using Nero Ultra 6 to burn. I made two (one -R one +R) discs that Nero confirmed burned succesfully (and I did finalize the discs) they read fine in the Optorite drive but they won't read in my ROM drive. I get a message from windows that says that's it not a valid format or the files are corrupt. I don't get it.

2. PsychDave

PsychDave Member

I've got the same problem too. I burned 2 discs using Nero 6. Both play fine in my standalone. When I try to play them back on my PC drives (including the drive I burned the discs on), first few chapters are OK, then I get the error message.
    Same problem on both DVD-writers (Sony DRU-120A & NEC 1300A - latest firmware on both) using Ritek +Rs & Ritek G.04 -Rs. When I reverted back to Nero 5.5.10.42, this solved the problem. Wierd???

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

PC's tend to prefer them to be images when playing back (ISO)

4. brh996

brh996 Member

These are not movie discs. There is no stand alone player in question here. These are purly data discs to back up some of my files (too large to fit on cdr). They do play back on the writer that burned them, they don't play back on the rom drive. I don't get it.

It's not a question of making images - this is file backup.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What do you mean by play back then? Do you mean open a file. If your DVD ROM cant open a file and your writer does, then your DVD ROM may be screwed.