1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD-R returns a "no disc" message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ipaulsen, Oct 17, 2004.

1. ipaulsen

ipaulsen Member

I have edited a video with Studio 9 software, burned it on a Sony DVD-R (and -RW) and tried to play it on my DVD player. It says "no disc".

So I tried burning the video using Nero 6.3.1.20 but got the message "One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file".

I've tried with 5 DVDs. It's getting costly.

Does anyone know how to deal with the VOD thing?

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If you have Nero 6 try using your files with NeroVisionExpress(NVE), you can also create a menu and chapters, then burn. :>)

3. ipaulsen

ipaulsen Member

I can't find that Nero Vision Express is a part of Nero 6. Is it another program that I have to buy?

4. mc_unique

mc_unique Member

I am having the same simular problem only that its reading in my actual dvd player in my living room but its not reading on my pc at all! and thats where I made a perfect copy using dvd shrink and decripter for about 5 movies, its getting costy, I am trying next to everything to get my computer to read my dvdrs and no luck.

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

What settings did you use before rendering with Studio 9? Also what kind of video were you editing? I presume a home movie?

6. mc_unique

mc_unique Member

I am ONLY using dvd shrink and dvd decripter I also have nero 6. I am not editing this is one of my personal dvds in which I own.

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Sorry I was asking iPaulsen.

8. Discmania

Discmania Active member

mc_unique: You don't have to (infact you shouldn't) use Decrypter with DVD Shrink. I know this is probably a silly question, but do you have DVD player software installed? If so, which one?

9. mc_unique

mc_unique Member

I thought so. I was told to check out a forum on invision. here is the thread that i looked at. http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=7984

I also burned a dvd with shrink with the nero writer checkbox checked off and still the same prob.
    I just tried putting in one of the disks and it worked and got recognized about an hour ago but now when i put it in its not working again. grrrr this is really frusterating.

10. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It seems you could have a problem with either the DVD player software or the discs you are using. Have you tried playing the disc with Media Player or Realoneplayer?

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

ipaulsen,

go to the nero homepage, to the left look for Ultra 6 updates, click on that link, when the new window pops up DL all update packs 1,2,4,5,6 at the bottom of the page, then install them.

Do not load #3, InCD, it can cause conflict with DVD software.

This will give you NVE and several other audio/video apps that are VERY useful, not to mention toolkit, photoshop, CD and DVD cover design, 2 burning apps(express and rom) and soforth.

If you own nero 6 you shouldn't have to purchase anything :>)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mc_unique

N0.1-Use RW discs til you get it working properly.

No.2-try using nero recode, since you have nero 6(it comes with it) and see if you get the same results. It works almost exactly like shrink except you'll have to rip the disc with another app, like decrypter to your hard drive and then use those files in recode. recode does it's own burning tho, whereas in shrink you have to use another app to burn like decrypter or nero.

Other than that they work exactly the same(almost) in editing, compressing, using still image, re-authoring, etc.

No.3-make sure you have a DVD software player as discmania suggested. Nero 6 has "Nero's showtime" which will play your DVD copies.

Also, what media are you using?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  13. ipaulsen

ipaulsen Member

bigorange:

You wrote:
    I found only 1-4.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

They are redoing Ultra 6, I'll check it out.

15. ipaulsen

ipaulsen Member

The source of my burning problem with Nero was the fact that my video editing software (Studio9) wouldn't burn a DVD that was playable in my DVD player.

Before a reinstall of Studio 9 I learned that I couldn't use +R DVDs... only -R.

I have followed advice to reinstall Studio 9 on the C: but the problem was still the same.

At last I tried +R again. And it worked. Don't know why. And I don't care. It works. The burned DVDs are no playable on my DVD player.

And I am happy.

And I have to thank everyone who have offered advice and possible solutions. This forum is packed with people with knowledge. You make it a treasure chest.

16. Discmania

Discmania Active member

ipaulsen: glad that most of the problem is now sorted. However reading back on your posts you should really install nero 6 full and also change the discs you are using (still think that is the main reason they will not play on your DVD player - assuming the player will play +R discs).

17. ipaulsen

ipaulsen Member

I changed disc brand from Sony to Verbatim (and from using -R to +R). And now everything is as it should be.

18. mc_unique

mc_unique Member

i have just tried slowing my disk speed from max speed to x2 and its working fine now.
    its reading on my drive with no hesitation thank you guys for your help but i got this one on my own. for anyone else out there with the sme problem you might want to try getting the lattest firmware for your drive too. thx

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mc_unique,

Actually that should have been one of the 1st things we should have suggested. Slower read and write speeds ALWAYS lower the chance of errors. CONGRATS!

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

ipaulson,

Congrats to you too, but I wouldn't give up on nero so quickly, besides it's a good thing to have several backup methods. DVD backup is such a finicky operation, it's nice to have an alternate means(or more) to use in case one doesn't work.

Besides Nero has a lot of other useful apps besides DVD backup :>)