1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned games!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Skilit, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Ronota

Ronota Member

And o two more things...........you can never play original game with the modded xbox and the next is you can't play live with the pirated CDs even if the game support live.Piracy may lead you to JAIL!Do YOU get it!If you don't get it,there is nothing i can do for you....................

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  2. philipman

philipman Regular member

You can play original games if you have a mod in your xbox and you can play online if you just disable the chip.

3. rbrice

rbrice Member

...funny how ugly people get with each other behind the computer screen in the safety of their own home, or wherever else.

As for piracy...it's defined as any unauthorized copying of software. Authorization, of course, comes from the creators of the game. And the software obviously refers to the game. So, by definition, what is being promoted on this website (indirectly) is piracy and thus illegal, however - it is never illegal to own a backup of your original software (that being the games in this case). And even if you don't own the games yourself and you own illegal pirated copies, it's very hard to prove that you never did own the original (that you ... bought at a yardsale and was stolen from your bookbag ...). The only time you get in real trouble is when you get caught selling or otherwise distrubuting 'backups' without verifying the person owns the original. I do have to say it is an aweful lot of work for a 'non-technical' person to do on their own. And after you pay someone to mod your xbox and buy the mod tools, you would have enough $$ spent to buy four or five (or more) games for yourself. It is actually quite fun to mod, not that I have ever done it...but the gratification that it works is satisfying!

But be careful! If you're not, you could easilly break your xbox. Make sure not to wear latex gloves, because they push static charge...you need to "neutralize" your body charge on a grounded piece of metal, or wear anti-static gloves. Once you open that puppy up, realize that you can never return it or get it serviced by a MicroSoft company for warranty. And that Solder iron can be very hot so be careful :)

This concludes my "Deep Thoughts" section.