1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burner freezes when starting to write (dvd)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deoblo, Jan 21, 2007.

1. deoblo

deoblo Member

i have a problem with burning dvd movies every software i use its the same problem:when i start to burn the movie fails or freezes my whole machine up i even bought a new burner same problem i tryied clone,decrypter,dvd x-copy,shrink and always the same problem.Has anyone had this problem before HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what are your computer specs? and what media are you using?

3. deoblo

deoblo Member

amd 2.0 dual core processor 250 gig hard drive 3gig memory xp pro
    iv'e tried to burn with clonedvd2,decrypter,dvdxcopy,shrink, nothing works i cant even tried to burn a data dvd with nero it freezes my computer up the instant it starts to burn

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

something is wrong here........ did you recently install a new burner? maybe you installed it incorrectly?

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you got to check out your installation! why it's not burning and crashing your computer has to be due to incorrect installation.

6. deoblo

deoblo Member

something is seriously wrong i installed a new burner because the one kept freezing and the new one is freezing too but i never had this problem before they are both good burners i cant even burn a cd i hope this is not something out there to stop people from backing up dvd that might have got into my computer

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if you are certain that the burner is connected properly then do a system restore from a date that you know the burner was writing correctly! It might just be a window setting that got messed up in your registry and is stopping your from using your DVD burner! to do a system restore go to START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM TOOLS/SYSTEM RESTORE and pick a date that your computer was working properly. Be aware of the fact that you might loose information that you added since that date, such as pictures or programs or documents that you added after that date! I would back up My Pictures, My Documents, My Music if you added things to those folders recently so you don't loose things if you do a System Restore. Also if you installed new programs! but doing a System Restore might correct your problem and you'll be able to record again. good luck.

8. deoblo

deoblo Member

damn!!!! why didn't i think of restoring it, thinking to hard i guess. maybe i cant figure out what i installed that screwed it up i'll try it when i get home. Thanks if it dont work i'll be back

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

good luck and keep us inform on your progress!~ welcome to afterdawn!

10. SCAMPER

SCAMPER Member

Did you use the new cable that came with the new player? Also, check that the blue connector is plugged into the motherboard side, and that the player's jumper is correctly configured as master, slave, or cable select.

11. deoblo

deoblo Member

shit it failed again im going to try the new cables man this is frustrating i put my old burner back in sense i dont need a new one.

12. deoblo

deoblo Member

I think i solved the problem i was using a trial version of anydvd and was cleaning my computer up and deleted anydvd well no problem i was thinking i'll just reinstall it WRONG!!!!!!!man do not mess with the free trial thats what lock my whole computer up so i bought it no problem yet :) I hope my experience will stop other from making the same mistake. Thanks for everyones help

P.s IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!