1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burner freezing

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by razrblack, Dec 19, 2003.

1. razrblack

razrblack Guest

ok here is my problem. i have a cendyne 48X cd-rw, and has worked fime for over a year. two weeks ago, it started acting up. what i mean is burn process started failing or the drive would continue to burn(red light on), and lock the drive up. i would have to shut down pc and reboot. it would keep doing the same things. i have reinstalled cd-rw, and drivers, and nero, and alcohol. same problems. then i figured the drive was shot.

i have been in the market for a dvd burner, so i bout a liteon lwd-411s, and installed it. i went to burn a cd this morning (music, not dvd), and it failed, and then the second time it locked up the drive again. no errors, just locked up the drive. red light stayed, but nero said 100% written to disc.
    i am at an end as i cant figure out what in the world is going on. please help.

2. razrblack

razrblack Guest

one other thing to add is that when i installed it i did the firmware upgrade, and it said it was successful. this leads me to believe there is some problem with something other than drive or nero.

what could it be?