1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burner works with usb 1 but not 2?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HelloGuy, Feb 1, 2005.

1. HelloGuy

HelloGuy Member

i recently bought a pcmcia card adapter with usb 2 capabilities and the pioneer dvr-108 burner workds with the usb 1 ports on my laptop but wont burn anything with usb 2, why is this?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try re-installing the drivers for your new USB2 card. Sounds like the driver isn't installed right.

Jerry

3. HelloGuy

HelloGuy Member

I already tried that.. the thing is i have a external harddrive which is usb 2 and it can tranfer files ALOT faster now so it works for that... the pcmcia card i can buy one of those power adapter things for peripherals that require more power or something, do u think i need that?

4. HelloGuy

HelloGuy Member

oh and the dvd burner just wont burn, i can still read and rip a dvd from it

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Does the USB2 card show enabled in the device manager? Its strange that the burner reads but won't burn.

Jerry

6. HelloGuy

HelloGuy Member

yeah it says it is working properly, i dont know why it wont burn.. it starts to burn but just freezes up at 1% and wont burn anymore

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The only other suggestion I have would be to try the usb burner on a friends computer. If it works then you know the drive is OK and narrows the problem to your computer and USB card.

Jerry