1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a +700Mo nrg file with nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by dafonk, Mar 25, 2003.

1. dafonk

dafonk Guest

Hello,
    I've downloaded a nrg file which is 756 Mo and I can't burn it with Nero as it says 'There's not enough space on the CD'.

Do you have any solution ?

Thank you for your help

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This issue has been asked a thousand times. Next time you might want to use the 'search' option first...

1) Images 'shrink' when you burn them, there fore you can fit 808 MB images on a 80 min (700 MB) CD and 747 MB images on a 74 min CD. Maybe, with Overburn, you can squeeze your 756 MB image on a 74 min CD, too.

2) to burn images with Nero choose 'File-->Burn Image'

read the general guide here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20980

Last edited: Mar 26, 2003
  3. dafonk

dafonk Guest

after using File->Burn Image I still have the message ' There is not enough space to burn this compliation onto this medium'

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It is strange. It might be an image extracted MODE1/2048 with Nero, but it is very unlikely.

I would ask you to check two things, first:

1) the 'true' image length. Install CDMage and open the .NRG file with it. At the bottom of the window you should see something like: [bold]1 Objects - Total time aa:bb:cc [/bold]. Which length does it show?

2) The available space on the CD you want to burn the image into. What do you see if before burning you select 'medium info' in Nero?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2003
  5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Could the image be an image of a 90min CD-R?