1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a Bin/Cue file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Looboo, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Looboo

Looboo Member

I have downloaded a game with the following instructions for burning:

INSTALLATION NOTES:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Extract, mount/burn the bin/cue, install, play & enjoy!

The files have this ending written:

rzr-s2 001 rhen rzr-s2 002, etc

I use Nero to burn, but I can not figure out what to do. When I select "burn image" from Nero, I can not see the files to open.

Can you help guide me on what to do?

Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm not sure, but I think to unpack the files with WinRAR, starting the .001 file up to the .00N file. If seems a split archive.

Try using the wizard, do 'unpack an archive', then on 'archive name' click on 'browse'.

On 'File Type' choose 'all files' otherwise you won't see the .001 file (but only the .rar files). Then load the .001 of the series.
    Finally, just select the destinstion folder and... go! ('End' button, I think)
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  3. Looboo

Looboo Member

Well, I tried to unpack the files with WinRar, and all I got was a single large Bin file and a small 74K Cue file, neither of which was helpful in creating the files I need for the game on the CD-R. So maybe this just won't work.

Thanks

4. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

right unpack with wirar as you know and the n you need to use alcohol 120 or cdr win id go for alcohol
    then click on image burnig wizard point it to the file you just unzipped and it will pickup the cue file and burn or mount the image.
    the easy way to unzip is just right click on the first file and select extract to which ever folder you need to use id make a new 1 then its easy to find in alcohol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]pentium 4 3,2ghz 1gig ddr 2700
    120gig sata hdd
    gforce fx 5600 8x agp
    6.1 sound
    all times 3[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You have done 99% of the work. .CUE(small)+.BIN(large) is a full standard image set: the small ASCII .CUE file contains the instructions for the burner on 'how to burn' the large .BIN file. The large .BIN file is, actually, the 'CD'. Now you can burn the CUE/BIN (choose "burn image" on e.g. Nero or 'record disc' with CDRWin and simply load the .CUE, which will tell your burner the location (isn't it in the same directory? I hope you didn't split them) and the tipe (Audio? Data Mode 1? Data Mode 2?) of the BIN.
    With all software you like (CDRWin, Nero, the mighty Alcohol 120%) the image buring should be trivial, so the problem should be finished (if the .BIN comes from a protected game, and in this case a .NFO ASCII file should have been extracter wih the .BIN/.CUE set or, if you have no help (strange indeed), the use oy ClonyXXL should give you some suggesion on the options to light on Alcohol 120%, and it will become more, more tricky).
    But Safedisc-protected .BINs, like Call of Duty, doesn't usualy give problem. Just burn them like you'd burn a normal CD with Alcohol, of simply with Nero.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  6. Looboo

Looboo Member

It worked! I was looking for the bin file in the image and didn't realize I needed just the cue file to start the burn.

Thanks very much!