1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a Dreamcast game

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 123meetch, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I *think* you can have as mnay Virtual Drives as you like as long as your PC can keep up.

Not sure though - long time since I've had need to mount anything.. >.<

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Well, I've got all four discs mounted to virtual drives, but now I'm running into a window that pops up and says ioControl in the title bar, and simple reads Error in the main field.

3. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Okay, It turns out all discs but disc one works fine, the problem is that I need to have disc one working in order to start a new game... But honestly and truely, it makes me happy to no end to have gotten this far. Thanks again, Ripper.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ah, that's a bit of a bugger then, eh. At least you've got yourself a working, clean copy of Daemon Tools in the process ;)

:)

5. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Okay, so here is my new ordeal:
    I thought I could just buy the original dreamcast game and through the disc in the drive and go... Well after driving 35 miles to the flea market in downtown Pensacola and purchase the game for an AMAZING $4 (they wanted $10, but I had my girlfriend there to haggle). But when I got home and put the discs in the computer, the Chankast emulator won't load from them.

So now I'm lost all together... If I can't get Deamon Tools to run disc one, and the Chankast won't acknowledge the REAL discs, I don't know what to do. I've hunted around and apparently ONLY Deamon Tools 3.29 can successfully emulate Disc One of shenmue (did I pick the hardest game in the world to emulate?) and I managed (after 6 hours of searching) to tract down a 3.29 installer. But even though the installer completes successfully, I can't run DT 3.29 because of a "SCSI Driver Error" message. Also, when I install DT 3.29, my device manager displays a 'Plug and Play BIOS Extension' with no driver. So I suppose the two are interconnected, but untill I can figure out what to do, I'm SOL.

...Aside from buying the consol, which would be worth it, I just don't really have the cash to spare right now.

6. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

UPDATE:

Thanks to TuneUp Utilities 2007 I managed to completely remove ALL traces of Daemon Tools from my computer (including registry), and then re-installed Daemon Tools 3.29 and low and behold: NO SCSI Driver Error appeared! It seemed like my problem was finished. So I mounted Shenmue disc one's CDI to a virtual drive and attempted to fire up Chankast. It would load to the SEGA screen after the dreamcast logo (which let me know that it was working) and then PRESTO: Blue Screen Of Death. BSOD...

The BSOD was very vauge and not helpful at all. So I figured, "maybe its just disc one, I'll load up disc two and it will play fine, just like before..." Same thing happened. So I thought to myself, "This MUST be Daemon tools causing this, but with it I wouldn't have even gotten to the SEGA screen..." Then it all hit me at once. I could use NERO to copy to GDRom to CD (All I'd have to do was copy from my virtual drive that Daemon Tools created, to my burner).

I copied disc one, and popped it in the drive. After configuring chankast's drive to work off of my E:\ and shutting off Daemon Tools, it would load from my burned CD and work just fine. I was rather thrilled so I burned all 4 Shenmue Discs that way, as well as a cool sonic game and a tomb raider game. There are of course your standard emulation issues (Audio and video quality), but it is really good to have figured it out. Thanks to everyone.

The moral of the story is:
    You don't need BootDreams, DiscJuggler, or any of that other crap. All you need is Daemon Tools 3.29 and something to copy CDs with. Yeah, you end up with a lot of burned CDs if your collecting games, but it's certainly no disadvantage if you've got a high speed CD drive. Most of the Dreamcast burning Guides make this overly complicated, which is why I was stressing out in the begining, because I thought this was going to be a bit too much like surgery, but its actually really simple if you do it my way, lol.

I CLAIM SUCCESS!!!! Muahahaha!

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Grats Vicious :D

8. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Thank you!

9. tommyo54

tommyo54 Member

Any chance somebody could lend a hand and tell me where to ask this? I searched all over and I'm a bit lost.
    I'm trying to find out how I can backup a Wild Tangent game that I bought last year. The game is Bejeweled II Deluxe, and I bought the game on disk; not from a download from W.T.
    I wish to make a copy of this without the need for it to "call home" and prompt me for that unlock code number. It irks me that I purchased it and I get hassled to unlock it. Is it even possible to burn this without the unlock prompts?

Could somebody let me know what part of the forum I can ask this? I can't find any section pertaining to W.T. games.

Many thanks.. hope it is o.k. to ask this here; apologies if I am in error... I am in a bit new.

10. tommyo54

tommyo54 Member

Anyone??? Can someone at least tell me where to ask this? I can't find any appropriate section... (specific for W.T. games, I mean...)
    You'd make a disabled elder guy happy... (that's why I play a lot of games; I can't do too much)

Thanks!

11. tommyo54

tommyo54 Member

Thank you for the replies and welcoming of new folks to the website.

12. Alopex

Alopex Member

Hi and welcome to the site tommy. I couldn't find any info that is specific to your problem but what I do advise is trying out this little app..

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

It may work and IMHO is worth a shot.

Btw, there is no better place on this forum to post this in really. However, starting your own thread would have been a better move to take :)

13. tommyo54

tommyo54 Member

Good morning... Thanks so much for your reply. I'll head on over to that link you provided and see what I can find out.
    I hated to jump in to this thread here... I looked all over on the forum and couldn't find anything in regards to Wild Tangent. So I thought this thread here was at least a teeny bit similar so I tried it here.

The Wild Tangent disk that I bought apparently has a limited number of allowed reinstalls; I didn't know that until I reinstalled Windows on both my Dell desktops. I had to request "permission" from their support link to be allowed to unlock a code.
    The more and more I thought about this, the more annoyed I became... I bought the game on disk but I have to ask permission to reinstall it, lol. I guess it's anti-pairacy or something. Jeez... you might think I'm trying to hack Windows... ridiculous.. It's just a game, lol.

So I want to see if I can somehow burn it and omit the part that "calls home" for that damn unlock feature. If I can't, well.. no problem, I guess. The principal bugs me though... I am not a game pirate, lol.

Thanks again... I appreciate your help very much, my friend..

Tommy

14. sleepyX

sleepyX Member

I recently downloaded a game by Kalisto and the game did not have a cdi. All it had were unknown files, and I read the nfo and it stated that they were BIN/CUE. There were no rars, just unknown files could anyone help? The game is powerstone

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If they appear as unknown files yet you know what they should be, then you can re-add the file extentions to the end of the file. The biggest file (size wise) is the .bin, and the smallest file (size wise) is the .cue

For example if I have two files, A and B, A is 50,000,000 bytes and B is 5,000 bytes, I know that A is the .bin and B is the .cue

So, rename the files from "file" to "file.bin" and "file2" to "file2.cue".

See if that helps first off.

16. meatwad75

meatwad75 Member

try downloading Alcohol 120% or Ultraiso and you can use them to burn the game for sure

17. tommyo54

tommyo54 Member

Could you tell me if that program can do what I'm attempting? I've been trying to do this for three hours now... I'm a bit lost. If anyone could tell me if it's even possible, I'd appreciate it.
    If what I want to do is not possible, it will save me a headache... my eyes are blurry, lol. Been trying this for 3 hours, lol.

Anyone tell me if it's even possible?

18. mrt731

mrt731 Member

[​IMG]

I think what sleepyX is saying is what is shown above. I tried to burn it with everything and I can't. Can someone help?

19. meatwad75

meatwad75 Member

I had that same problem with a PSP problem and could'nt get it to work. After a few hours I just deleted the files

20. meatwad75

meatwad75 Member

u can however open that .nfo file with notepad and it might tell u what to do