1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a dvd after I have decrypted it, getting errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dfauteux, Oct 20, 2007.

1. dfauteux

dfauteux Member

I use Dvd Hd Fab decrypter then run the dvd through vob blanker. This used to work fine for me, but now when I try to burn the dvd using nero recode I just keep on getting a message that I have the wrong kind of media in my burner. It says I have a DVD -R and I need a Dvd+r hl or something like that.

I have always used dvd-r and have never had any trouble before now. I cant even burn dvds that I have already copied. I have also tried dvd 1click copy just to burn the dvd which worked for me in the past, but now I only get a write error. Also dvd shrink gives me an error when burning.

I tried a trial version of Clone dvd2 to write the dvd after passing it through decrypter and vob blanker and it worked without a hitch.

What could be going wrong? and is there a free software for burning out there that I could use instead?

Thanks for any info.

2. attar

attar Senior member

ImgBurn is free burning software, but since you have tried other software the problem may be elsewhere.
    Before burning, run ImgBurn, click 'Tools' 'Drive' 'Check for Firmware Updates'.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Click 'Mode' > 'Build'
    Click 'Output' > 'Device'
    Click 'File' > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Set burning speed to 4x and click the green write button.

3. dfauteux

dfauteux Member

I have updated my firmware to a106 already, it didnt help.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

try anydvd running in background then use dvdshrink to rip to pc

dvdshrink can output as an ISO, load iso in imgburn to burn to dvd-r

anydvd = free trial?
    dvd shrink = free
    imgburn = free

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. dfauteux

dfauteux Member

Does Imgburn decrypt and shrink and burn? or is it used only for burning? It looks like you can copy dvd to dvd but does it require a decrypter running in the background?

If I decrypt the movie using dvdhddecrypter and bet video.ts file do I just burn that file using the iso portion of the program?

6. Sebright

Sebright Guest

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

dvd decrypter can out put an ISO, then load to dvd shrink to make it fit a dvdr if needed?

dvd shrink can burn and output an iso (up to you) nero needs to be installed to use the burn feature of dvd shrink's auto burn after.