1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a DVD+R DL on a TS-L532M writer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by roonsa, Jun 8, 2007.

1. roonsa

roonsa Member

Hi -

I own an HP Pavillion ZD8000 series (ZD8396EA to be precise) laptop with an internal TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L532M DVD writer. I wanted to back up my DVD collection and bought a batch of Verbatim DVD+R (2.4X) to test this out.

I have tried using DVDFab and DVDClone. Both complete the process but afterwards the DVD is a coaster, unreadable by any DVD player including the laptop's drive itself.

I am a newbie to this DVD burning thing but I did search the forums before deciding to post. The general concensus of opinion from the experts out there seems to be to update the firmware. The problem being that the firmware version is HR08 and that, as far as I can tell, is the latest version. Does that mean I am "snookered"? My laptop is out of warranty so I can't go to HP although, from what I hear, they aren't likely to be of any help anyway. Their website has no firmware for this drive at all!!!!

I've had all the suggestions about using single layer discs and using DVD clone to extract all the bits I don't need. OK, fair enough but I have a DL writer, surely I can get the blasted thing to work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

hello,
    what i would recommend is Rip the DVD with DVDFab HD decrypter(free),
    than(optional-run that folder thru FixVTS) then burn with IMGburn, IMGburn is probably the best burning program that deals with the layer break good.

3. roonsa

roonsa Member

OK, I'll give that a go then. Thanks.