1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a DVD to the hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnarb, Jan 9, 2005.

1. johnarb

johnarb Member

I have an express version of Nero which does not burn a DVD to the hard drive. Without being able to do this i can't split the DVD and put it onto two DVD+R's. Any advice would be helpful or if anyone has a serial code for better version of Nero.

If anyone has a serial code email it to me: *email address removed*

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Neither do any of the other Nero programs. Nero doesn't bypass copy protection.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@johnarb
    Posting your email address and asking for a serial number are both against the rules. You can find a link to them in my signature.

4. johnarb

johnarb Member

I know nero doesn't get pass the copyright protection. I have DVD43 for that and it works perfect. my problem is only with splitting the DVD. I have a program that splits it but it will only work if i burn it to the hard drive. If there is another program other than nero that would be great. Thanks

5. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

use DVD decryptor to rip the movie and DVD shrink to fit it onto one disk. Both of these can be found in the software section. There is also a guide explaining the whole process. look in guides

6. johnarb

johnarb Member

i have tried DVD decryptor and followed the guide this site offers but it said there was some error so i gave up on it. Plus it took like two hours to rip it so i never tried it again. Since then i got a much better DVD burner if that makes any difference (before i had 8x and now i have 16x). Does the movie need to be ripped for me to be able to use DVD shrink?
    Thanks

7. RussReef

RussReef Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2005
  8. johnarb

johnarb Member

Thanks a lot. DVD shrink worked perfect

9. RussReef

RussReef Guest

Glad to hear it worked out!