1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a DVD with dvdshrink and nero?....

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Ransack81, Feb 8, 2007.

1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

aditek
    I don't know what your drive configuration is, but do you have the DVD in the E: drive? Look in My Computer to confirm the drive letter. There's a drop down window with drive selection in it when you open RI4M where you see the No Disc In Drive warning. Another thing to watch out for is RI4M has to read through nearly a hundred IFO files with some titles before it starts decrypting. I've heard some people thought the program had stuck. If CloneDVD is reading the files, there's no reason why RI4M wouldn't. Like Gwendolin pointed out, you may need to look at a guide. The home site for RI4M has an official guide for the software as well as the guides you'll find here at AD. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. aditek

aditek Member

@pacman
    yeah its on drive e but when i click my computer to see if the disc is there.its empty and ripit4me it said no disc iono if its reading it like that or it wont go.. i follow all the instruction but it wont work.iono whats wrong but if clonedvd will work to rip this movie i will just do it will clone but in future referrence i need to let ripit4me work for me.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@aditek
    I'm not too sure on why RipIt4Me won't see these disc but recode & clone will.
    With some of the ones with the heavier stuff they can give some drives a problem reading them usually using another drive does the trick. But don't think you have that option here.

How are you making out with AnyDVD & CloneDVD on it?

4. aditek

aditek Member

well actually anydvd and clonedvd works fine because i tried it.but i went to see how ripit4me works so i tried that one but it didnt work..i think ANYDVD AND CLONEDVD are the best.thanks u guys

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem aditek :)

Looks like from one of your earlier post RipIt4Me worked on another one just not this for you. Weird.
    But always good to have a few 'tools' at hand if one doesn't do the trick for you.

Happy Burning!

6. aditek

aditek Member

same 2 u binkie and to all the afterdawn peepz!!!
    best website ever..peace

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

aditek
    Strange you're having the problem. Most people who have tried it haven't had a problem, much less have it not recognize a drive. I did Saw 3 with version 1640 and it's up to 1690 now. If interested you may want to look over the manual and try a clean install. If it's still not working you need to contact the software home site at http://www.ripit4me.org . It may be a problem they need to address. The author has worked hard to make RI4M a good offering. About the only thing they could do to make it easier would be having the RI4M not install unless the DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are already present. I've seen too many people get the order of installation wrong and then complain about the paths not being set. (Since it worked with some releases, I realize those aren't your problems. I just commented on them.)

I've found AnyDVD needs CloneDVD 2 to work properly with some of the new releases. It's no longer my go to program like it used to be. I own all the programs we're talking about, so it isn't a matter of playing favorites because I don't own one of them or don't want to pay for Slysoft's offerings. I also own DVDIdle's retail software, besides having the DVDFab Decrypter. If RI4M starts failing, I'll go to another program. I'm always looking for that better software.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  8. aditek

aditek Member

@pacman
    yeah i dont know why is it not reading when i put the grudge 2 but when i put texas chainsaw the beginning it was reading it.maybe i should reinstall it if not im going to address it to the company maybe they could help me.and yeah i kinda have most of the software here thanks to all of u guys here..but anydvd and clone i didnt buy it yet.and dvdfab platinum i didnt buy it its still free trial for me..but yeah i like to have alot of selection which one will work for me.thanks again pacman

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. They've all proven to be good software in the past. Most of the time it's just been a matter of a few days getting the software updated. RI4M has made me a bit lazy recently with that 1-Click mode. Slysoft has caught up but for some releases they need AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 together and that doesn't always work for me. What I consider favorites I like to run through encoder software, not CloneDVD 2. Good luck with the backups.