1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by neweuser, Jul 5, 2007.

1. neweuser

neweuser Member

Ok, I have spent about 2 days browsing here. I downloaded the decryptor, and downloaded the DVD Shrink. What else do Ineed to decode the DVD to burn it? I'm not the greatest at computers so....
    My purpose is to burn my 5 year olds movies as he seems to get a hold of them and get them scratched, so I figure if I can copy them, he can scrach the copies, no big deal, make another. Any help would be great please.

Thanks,
    frustrated dad!

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

first, do a search for the following(FREE)programs.
    1- fab decrypter(there is a pay version and a free one, get the free one). fab decrypter(free) will handle the new movies that decrypter and shrink can't. it will rip the movie to your hard drive, uncompressed to be compress by shrink with the "open files" tab.
    2- shrink(free) to compress the file ripped by fab decrypter, to fit into a blank D5. make sure that when you go to back up, make shrink output an "iso folder" so it can be burn with another great free program.
    3- IMGBurn(free) to compress the ISO or whatever file shrink compressed.
    it is really very simple. good luck.
    So remember, fab decrypter, shrink and IMGBurn are all you need and are all free.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  3. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

All you need is dvd shrink and nero, if nero is installed then after the dvd decrypts it will automatically burn it on a dvd. You can also make sure that it does this in the DVD Shrink Options.

4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

with all due respect to Nelmeco, forget about nero, don't get involved with that just yet, you don't really need it.