1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a movie directly to a blank DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kingtroy, May 16, 2004.

1. kingtroy

kingtroy Guest

Hey, i was wondering is there any way to burn a dvd movie to a disk(dvd) without first ripping it to my hard drive, and still have it work in a dvd player, Help!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nope.

The disc needs to have the encryption removed and be compressed before it's able to be burned back to disc which takes time. Disc to disc doesn't usually work well even under ideal conditions with a disc that's already been decrypted/compressed because a ROM can't supply your burner with data anywhere near as fast as your hard drive :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  3. Jerharvey

Jerharvey Member

I have found the simplest way is to use "DVD XCopy"
    software. One click of a button and the movie is copied and burned. Most movies can be put on one DVD disk if u dont want all the extras.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Kingtroy,

Nephilim is right. Nope. Unless you wanna pay for one click backup. DVDXCopy varies, check ebay for best prices. Before I found afterdawn I actually bought both DVDXCopy Platinum and DVDCloner2. If you want to pay, I do suggest DVDCloner2. For one its cheaper $60 and it doesn't give the "dvd backup" message that xcopy gives. Now some people have had troubles with DVDCloner2. My advice is update your aspi properly, again properly. Either aspi layer will work (v4.71 or v4.60).

quick question: is there a reason why you don't want it ripped to your hard drive first? You can always delete it once your burn is done.