1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a movie with a different region?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by liquid80, Oct 16, 2004.

1. liquid80

liquid80 Member

I have dvdshrink and dvd dycrypter but I don't want to follow through just yet with backing up a movie.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm asking just in case.

I have a region 2 movie that I want to backup, mainly, I want to be able to change its region in the backup proces, so that I can play it on a region 1 DVD player. I've been told that Buying DVD-X copy (i think that's what it is called) will help, but I want to know if there is any way of doing it without having to buy it.

I plan on buying a region free dvd-player, but before I do, I want to know if it is possible to change the region when backing up a dvd, thanks.

2. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

Unless I'm mistaken, DVD Shrink can encode your movie so that it is region free, which should allow it to play in any DVD player. It's free and available in the Software section of this website.

DF

3. Audi12v

Audi12v Member

Yea with dvdshrink you can make it a region free dvd.

It first brings up a box sayin it is copy protected with RCE encryption. It says something along the lines if you can guess what region this dvd is meant to be played in it will unlock it if you get it correct. If not it will apply the same region to the back up.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

shrinkdvd will allow you to not only make it region free but allow you choose whether it is region free or region 1 to 6 what ever suits you
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2004
  5. vallancey

vallancey Guest

I have used DVD Decrypter to rip a region 2 DVD and then DVD Shrink. The result after burn is that it now plays on my COmputer that is region 1, but will not play on the DVD player. How come?