1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning an iso(5.5 GB) to a 4.7 GB DVD , is it possible ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by weswes, Dec 1, 2005.

1. weswes

weswes Member

Hi there,

I got an iso which is about 5.5 GB , heard that DVD shrink that can compress stuff ? can it make it fit into a 4.7 GB DVD ?

Or is there any other means that can ? -Apart from using a DVD with larger capacity- .

Thanks in advance

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Yes dvd shrink can compress the file to fit on a blank dvd. Keep in mind that on a 4.7g dvd you only get about 4.3g on there comfortably without fear of burning too close to the edge and causing skipping or stoppage near the end of the movie. Keep your target size to about 4300mb (4.3g). http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/software.htm link to software guides in which shrink is included. Also see the guides tab at the top of the page and the 1st link in my signature. Good luck and post back if you have any problems.

3. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

Absolutely works, I do it just about everyday.

Download DVDShrink at the software page at this forum. Use the guide for DVDShrink: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=49051

There are lots of other guides/methods to be incorporated into your process as well. Check the links in my signature for some great guides.

4. weswes

weswes Member

Much thanks guys , am really glad to know that this is possible...am reading the guides right now :)

cheers

5. weswes

weswes Member

Guys , - as i far see - DVD shrink is for compressing video files , mine is actually a game , is it still eligible ?

When i try to open the folder containing the target file , DVD shrink encounters an error.

Thanks again

6. mgrace47

mgrace47 Member

Matt72 just came up with one of the best suggestions that I've heard on this forum---setting the custom target size on Shrink to 4.3 to prevent cramming too much stuff on a 4.7 disk. Thanks.

7. weswes

weswes Member

Guys, I still wanna know , could this be applied to a data file ?

Thanks for ur time

8. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

Never tried it before with Shrink. Try it and let us know the results, good or bad and post it all.

9. wolf8874

wolf8874 Guest

yeah, i have a few games also that id like to shrink, let us know, also, put some details, incase you have to change some settings

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@mgrace47
    Tho the sugesten that matt72 gave is good advice it has been the advice for the past 3 years or more to set the output size to 4,300 so this isnt a new sugestion.

As of shrinking a game using DVD shrink you cant.

You cant just shrink the game ISO with DVD Shrink because it can only shrink video files.

What you would have to do is, extract the ISO file out into the game files and then rebuild the game.

Do this by taking the video files that comes in the game and shrinking them with shrink then rebuilding the shrunk files back into the game.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  11. weswes

weswes Member

larrylje ,know wat ? really a good idea ;) its worth trying

thanks

12. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

people the best way to fit big games on your dvd-r or dvd+r is to download isoBuster,it rebuilds your .iso and makes it smaller.dvd shrink isnt that succesful.

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As far as I know IsoBuster doesent rebuild your ISO to make it smaller. You have to either shrink the video files and rebuild it

or

you can find a rebuilding program that will let you delete files that isnt needed or delete multipull video files of the same and re-link them to play from the 1 file.

Example:
    Lets say you have 2 videos and they are the same you can delete the dublicated video and relink the duplicated video link to the video that was kept.

Then you can make an ISO of the new rebuilt game and burn.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  14. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

dont worry my fifa street was round 3gb and i shrunk it to 1gb so it does for me

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@BIGnewb

If you have a game at 3gig why would you need to shrink it to fit?

16. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

bcuz i had IsoBuster installed and i tested it so i onli had one .iso.....fifa street=3gb

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

So if you claim ISObuster can shrink the file down tell us how to do it using ISOBuster.

I then will do it and ill agree with you if it works and you tell me how.

But ISOBuster that I know of cant shrink an ISO. You can extract the game out of the ISO with ISOBuster but you would then need to rebuild the game with other means then ISOBuster.