1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Burning' an ISO-image from MP3s?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chochem, Jul 2, 2005.

1. chochem

chochem Member

I don't have a CD-R-drive but my friend does. I would like to compile and 'burn' an image of the audio-cd I want from my MP3 collection since this would impose the least on my friend (not having to sit and fidget with the playlist order on his computer etc.) We're on the same network which means 500 kb/s so the size of the file is no objection. However the burning software I have tried usually assumes ISO-images are data-cds and so the resulting image would end up being one of a disc of about 90 Mb of MP3s.... :(

Anyone know how to do this? (Or if it can be done...)

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Why don't you archive the mp3's you want to burn to cd then send it to him through your network. You can use WinRar to archive them. I think you can only make an image file of a cd or dvd. I may be wrong but it seems the most likely theory.

3. chochem

chochem Member

well, actually, i managed to get tit done. Nero 5 can 'burn' to an image file from an audio template - unfortunately it's their proprietary .nrg-format and not .iso but it's still useable (and can be converted using MagicISO, or so it says).

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Wouldnt it still be easier to archive the mp3's you want burned to cd rather than making an image file. By making an image file you won't be able to see what song is playing when you are playing the cd.

5. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Hi chochem

Use Daemon Tools ( http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php ) to load the image file. Daemon Tools creates a virtual drive that acts like a real dvd or cd player. The image is then seen as cd to the computer. If you want you can make a copy of the "disc" with whatever burning software that your friend uses. Nero also has an image drive but I like Daemon Tools better

Nero is the only program I know that will correctly create an image of an audio disc.

I hope this helps

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  6. chochem

chochem Member

Thanks - I already use DAEMON to have my encyclopedia cd permanently 'in drive' and have mounted the .nrg-images to verify that they work. It's sort of a silly problem when even machines now being scrapped have cd-r drives but I'm hanging on to this thing for now - i dunno.... for sentimental reasons ;)