1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning an mp3 CD with cue sheets

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by penelope0, May 30, 2010.

1. penelope0

penelope0 Member

Hello everybody,
    I'm a newbie here and I searched a lot the web for a solution to my little issue although, so far, I've been unsuccessful. Hence, before giving up, I thought I could ask here for help: every little suggestion will be really appreciated.
    I have a long mp3 file with 53 mixed, gapless tracks that I would like to burn as mp3, not regular cd. However, I would love to skip between the tracks too. That's how I found out the existence of cue sheets: I made one for my mp3 file and tried to burn it on a cd with basically every possible software for burning, but I did not succeed. Since the cue sheet seems to be correct, I then searched for some other reason and Nero helped me to understand that the problem is probably the fact that the mp3 is a very long file that exceeds 100 minutes and, since all the softwares I tried seem to convert the file for a regular audio cd and not an mp3 cd, that's why it doesn't even start the burning.
    But, as far as I understood (and maybe I'm wrong), the best way to have mp3 tracks with no gaps between them is having them on one single mp3 file with a cue sheet to 'navigate' the file itself, because splitting it will cause gaps anyway.
    Hence, to recap: is there a way to burn an mp3 single, long file on a cd (in order to keep it gapless) and at the same time keeping the navigation between the tracks?
    I hope it's clear enough. Again, this is the really first time I'm attempting to do this and I can't believe there is no way. :)
    Thanks in advance.

2. SpiderScripts

SpiderScripts Member

If all you want is the mp3 file with a cue sheet on the CD then you need to burning a data disc, not an audio disc. I believe the correct option in Nero is called CD-ROM (ISO), although this might be different in the version you have. Then you just need to pick the mp3 file and cue sheet and shove them straight on the CD.

As for gapless playback, you can achieve this with seperate mp3 files if you want to, although it depends on what you're using to play the mp3 files and how exactly they were created. That is a whole complicated topic though, so I won't go into it unless you ask :)