1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning An MP3 Disk

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mad89, Jan 14, 2005.

1. mad89

mad89 Member

i would like to know how to burn an mp3 disc. i have plenty of mp3s to choose from on my pc, but i cant figure out a way to burn them to a disk, with folders etc.

i have nero6 and usually this is my program of choice but this time around its giving me grief. i open up the smart start thingo and select cd > audio cd > make mp3 disk. but when i go to add in the tracks, it comes up with a window saying: "no compatable file found".

i dont get it, i use itunes to import my tracks to my pc, and now i cant burnt them?

any help would be apprectiated
    thanks

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

iTunes! R U sure that the files are MP3s? Did you buy the music using iTunes? Music bought from iTunes arn't MP3s.

You don't have to make an audio-CD of Mp3-data you can also use the burn data-CD option and burn them that way. It has the same effect.

Ced

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

If you point Nero at a folder, it's not going to look inside for an MP3.
    I believe you have to open the folder and point Nero at the MP3s, directly.
    If Nero still will not 'see' the MP3s, they probably have been encoded with some form of copy-protection or DRM (digital rights management).
    Nero could describe these MP3s as non-compatable, or what...? (Craig?)
    Craig from Ahead knows this stuff, for sure.
    Get your hands on an old audio CD and use CDex to make some high-quality MP3s.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/cd-da_extractors/cdex.cfm
    Make some CBR, and some VBR - but make sure they are all unprotected.
    Experiment with these files, and figure out how to burn 'em to MP3 disk, using Nero.
    Once you get it functioning, you will figure out why (if) your other itunes MP3s are incompatable...
    Hope this helps,
    Regards

4. mad89

mad89 Member

the mp3s in itunes are from my cds, which i have imported into itunes.

are there any other FREE programs that will allow me to extract audio from my cds, to mp3.?

also, i have opened the folders and the mp3s are visible within the folder, it just wont add them to the compilation.

ill give CDex a try and see how i go...

any other suggestions will be appreciated
    cheers

PS. edited for typo

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  5. duffyb

duffyb Member

You cant just put mp3's in the folders with iTunes, you need to import them.