1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning an Xbox ISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by thejacl, Nov 21, 2004.

1. thejacl

thejacl Member

Ok, to start off and for the record, I DO own an original of the game and I am doing this to expand my knowledge before I buy a mod chip. My buddy has one and I can test the game on his after making any backups.

I have downloaded a torrent file and it is in Easy CD Creator Image File (ISO) format. I would like to know the appropriate steps to be taken in order to successfully put that to DVD in order for it to work on a modded Xbox. Thanks guys!

2. 2112geoff

2112geoff Guest

besst way i`ve found of burning iso`s for xbox is using Alcohol 120%...grab a demo and give it a try.....or you can use Nero...select dvd...all formats and away you go...

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

I use recordnow max 4.5. Which ever software u decide to use make sure to select image file when burning.

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

I use recordnow max 4.5. Which ever software u decide to use make sure to select image file when burning.

5. thejacl

thejacl Member

Sounds easy enough. Are you speaking from experience with torrent files? Or are you talking about making an image with the xbox then ftping the image from the xbox to the pc? Cause I am under the assumption that the iso has to be converted to xiso or something like that in order to work on the modded xbox.

Thanks for your help lads!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  6. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

thats 2 different things, if you have an iso, burn it to a disc, its been formatted already

7. ozy

ozy Regular member

Since that the file you have is already in ISO format, all you need to do now is burn to a blank dvd. These blanks do not need formatting either. When you select the file mode of burning, data file, audio file, mp3, vcd etc. click on the image file option, otherwise your game will not work. Then select the ISO file to be added to disc and that is it.

8. thejacl

thejacl Member

Thanks Ozy, I'll give that a shot! And let ya know how it turns out. Here goes nothing...my last blank DVD till I hit the store again :p

9. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

ios read and ios write

10. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

you are cool coorslite

11. thejacl

thejacl Member

CoorsLite....wtf?

12. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

thank's you are cool to aoe_do

13. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

if yall need help hit me up

14. tazzren

tazzren Guest

Coorslite can u email me so i can ask u a few ? about burning TAZZREN@bak.rr.com

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well for one, you need to make the iso with an XBOX ISO PROGRAM, such as GDFIMAGE.exe, any program that uses GDFIMAGE, Craxtion, Qwix, or any program like that. The reason why you need to make an XBOX ISO is because every game and audio disc uses ISO format, and you need the format specifically for the xbox.