1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning and playing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by codyx, Feb 10, 2005.

1. codyx

codyx Member

I have just started burning DVD's using both shrink and decrypter, and while i can get the movie off okay and burn without a problem, when it comes to playing on either my home DVD or pc DVD players the movie will freeze in some spots and is unable to go any firther.

I have lowered the write speed to the lowest level which is 4x and still i get to a point where the whole movie will freeze. Does anyone have any ideas about this???

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Sounds like a media problem--try better quality disks --Taiyo Yuden are best, but others are Sony, Maxell, Tdk--stay away from Memorex. You can burn slower than 4x--I use 2.4X for video--but 4x should be OK too.

Whitfield

3. codyx

codyx Member

i've used both Roxio and Alcohol and neither of them allow me to go any lower than 4x.

Also the discs i used are cheap ones, but it shouldnt cause that kind of problem should it?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Roxio is thought to be troublesome--apparently it interferes with other DVD software--it can even be troublesome to get rid of--but it can be done--there are links at this site that will help you get rid of it--which I recommend--4X speed should not be a problem--but like I said, I think you should get rid of Roxio and download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter--lots of help in here if you have any trouble at all--Good Luck

Whitfield

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would leave roxio on for now!!!!!

and try dvd shrink and dvd decrypter

uninstalling roxio can cause lots of probs!

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

All you need is the Roxio zapper tool to get rid of roxio completely after you uninstall it. I think it is probably the most bogus piece of software out there. I would get rid of roxio & get nero instead. roxio causes too many conflicts & is not very popular here.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Looks like I am not the only one who dislikes roxio!

9. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

So codyx--
    Let us know what you try and how you make out--
    Personally, I have never had Roxio, but in reading quite a few threads around here--it causes more trouble than it is worth--especially because it can interfere with other DVD software--Regarding your original problem

"the movie will freeze in some spots"

Try different (better ) media

Whitfield

10. codyx

codyx Member

Thanks for all your help guys!

I managed to burn my first DVD using DVD Santa and everything went great - even if i did have to burn it slowly because my media isnt great at burning at x4.

With regard to my origional question about freezing, it appears to be the chapters on the film itself that make it freeze. Providing there are no chapters it works great . . , all i have to do now is try and make the movie one whole film without the chapters.

Thanks Guys!

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try making new ifo/bups for your vobs!

delete the ifo/bups and leave vob's in the folder, use IFOEDIT and click the button CREATE IFO and keep destination same as vobs for ifo/bups...

then burn that lot!

i think that should sort it....