1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning anime to dvd+r copyright problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrteeny, Mar 29, 2004.

1. mrteeny

mrteeny Member

*please note this is for backup purposes only.

i tried burning an anime dvd to a dvd+r and there were some problems. i was burning a series and for the first 2 dvds i burned directly from my dvd-rom drive to my dvd-rw drive using a dvd+r. the dvds i was burning from were about 4.4 gb each. the dvd+r's were memorex 4.7gb with 4x max speed. i burned at 4x using my lite-on dvd+-r/+-rw drive, which has a max of 8x for dvd+r's.

on these 2 dvds it said nothing about copy protection using clonedvd so i figured i didn't have to decrypt them. they both worked fine on my computer using either my dvd rom drive or dvd rw drive, but using my dvd player which is connected to the tv it doesn't work at all. it just keeps trying to load it but nothing happens.

for the 3rd dvd in the series, i tried to burn it directly from my dvd rom drive but clonedvd said it was copyrighted so it wouldn't work. i used dvd decrypter and put the dvd files onto my hard drive, then i burned it with nero but all it would show (using the computer) was the fbi copy warning for 10 seconds, then the player would freeze. it didn't even work at all on the dvd player connected to the tv. it did the same thing as the other 2 dvds.

does anyone know how i can get past the copyright protection on the dvds and successfully play it on the computer or tv? thanks.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi mrteeny,

You can use DVDShrink to make a backup, it will remove all the copy protection automatically.

It might be that your standalone DVD player has problems reading the disc you have, maybe you could try some better media like Verbatim or Ritek G04.

Hope you get your backups made!

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

memorex are a fine brand so dont use another- try playing them in another player, some players dont read certain types, if it still dont work try burning it to -r instead of +r, and try it in the player.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

lots of people would beg to differ with this..
    memorex outsources to whoever,so your chances of getting the same maker everytime you buy a bundle is slim

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.
    read and sign this:http://www.petitiononline.com/fairuse/petition.html[/small]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Why say this when the media could very well be the problem? Memorex uses CMC which is a great reason to try better media.