1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning at 1x

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Netjumbie, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Netjumbie

Netjumbie Guest

I have a pioneer A05 and ritek G04 media. My question is when I am finished ripping, compressing and ready to burn my movie, burning at 1x, will it improve video quality compared to burning at 4x?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

No not really. The 105 is developed for burning at 4x with full quality. Are you having video quality problems?

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

IF you are buring with Roxio, it will adjust to the best speed that the media can handle. I think Nero does the same. SO if you set it to 4x and see that the burn is 4x all the way through, then the media is fine without any effect. But most likely you will get 3.2 to 3.8 in speed. But direct answer, you should not notice any difference between a disc burned at 1x versus a disc burnt at 4x.

4. Netjumbie

Netjumbie Guest

Thanks alot...for the quick response. I backed up my lotr - two towers and I got some bad pixelation at 4x. Used decrypter, dvd2one and nero.

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I have backed up the same movie with DVD Shrink and it's a perfect copy so I suggest trying that. I would also a try different disc make as Ritek are not always the perfect quality some make out. Good luck.

6. Carus

Carus Member

Hi!
    I donĀ“t think the pixelation is because of a bad burn. Lotr TTT is a huge movie with high bitrate. Would try to split in to 2 dvd-r or atleast go for Dvd2dvd-r with CCE if you absolutely want a 1 disc backup.
    /Peder

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i didnt think CCE did DVD to DVD ? doesnt it go dvd to vcd/svcd mpeg2/1 ?

Thx...

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Just going back to the original question. Burning at 4x really depends on three factors:

1). Your Drive (which is very capable of doing it)
    2). Your media (you need good quality media to get good quality results)
    3). Whether you are running other programs (you shouldnt run other programs while burning discs)