1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Audio CD's on the fly.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by labtec99, Jul 3, 2005.

1. labtec99

labtec99 Member

I have a TDK 1616N DVD Writer and a TSST Corp DVD rom TS-H 352A

Sometimes when I use the on the fly method by picking the option to copy whole disc by putting the original in the DVD rom drive and the blank media in the writer drive I get a successful burn, but when I play it back I will often hear short bursts of music on each space between the tracks, however this does not happen when I use the same writer drive, by putting the original CD to be copied in the TDK writer then when it has finished creating the image I then put in the blank CD to the same drive and usually that way will not have this problem.

I burn at a slow speed when using on the fly, so the problem can't be that.

Any ideas?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

easy, is the first method you dscribe, going straight from original to blank, ie on the fly ?. Or is it going from original on DVD ROM drive, to image file, then being written to blank disc on TDK drive.

3. labtec99

labtec99 Member

I usually place the original audio CD in the DVD Rom drive and have a blank CD-R in the TDK writer drive, and I then would tick the on the fly box, but I have found that I don't have a sound problem when I don't select the on the fly box, and I let the DVD Rom drive send the data to create the image and let the TDK drive to do the writing.

4. creaky

you've answered your own problem!.
    Or just put the original cd in the TDK writer, let it do it's image thing to hard disc, then put blank cd in after. I do either of those, but even on a fast machine with good discs, i don't trust doing on-the-fly straight to blank disc. The important thing here is the writing of the image to hard disc, as opposed to writing straight to blank disc, regardless of how many drives/type of drives you use.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  5. labtec99

labtec99 Member

Many thanks for that.
    Am I correct in thinking that when an image is created it goes to a temp nero file and when Nero is finally closed and the CD has been burnt then the image automatically deletes, unless you wish to save it.

6. creaky

yup, something like that. i use either nero for this, or more usually clonecd, either way i tend not to take notice where they're putting the image file as long as the burn works