1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning avi files to dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sags, Jun 3, 2005.

1. sags

sags Regular member

hey i am completly new to this so can you tell me how to burn avi files to dvd without loss of quality. i am desperate because 8 or 9 out of 10 downloaded movies are avi files

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

heres the first step:

you will need to convert those avi files to mpeg2 before you go any further.Try using vso divx to dvd.Once you get that far you can use

nero
    shrink
    decrypter
    or a re author program like tmpgenc dvd author

to get your project to disc

there are other programs that i havent mentioned.The other thing is to check the guides section out for all the relevant hints and tricks when using said programs.

See how you go, pop back if you have a problem as there are many talented people here who are willing to help

have fun

andmerr

3. sags

sags Regular member

thanks so much man
    u dont know what this means to me
    i am going try this stuff and report back

sags

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  4. sags

sags Regular member

hey man
    the conversion was succesful i just need to know how to burn it to dvd. i have dvd decrypter and need to know how to use it. again i am brand new to this stuff
    thanks man

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

6. sags

sags Regular member

hey man
    thanks for the guide but i used nero recode and it came out perfectly. i have a lot of movies on the hard drive and i am going to get them to dvd. again man you dont know how much this means to me.
    thanks

P.S do i close this thread or do i leave it open(i am new)

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs i also have nero recode.

As for the thread dont worry about it.In time other people will come and post here or not.Then you will either help them like i helped you or not.

have fun

andmerr

8. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

To burn avi's to DVD without loss of quality. DON'T convert them.

Do exactly that, burn them to DVD. However if you meant create DVD video, then you have to convert, therefor you goal of no quality loss is not possible.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey celtic_d he wanted to watch them on a standalone so he needed to convert them , however if he had them in a divx form he could of bought a divx player which then the conversion would not be needed.

10. sags

sags Regular member

hey man
    just 1 question if i wanted to burn more than 1 file how do i do that
    do you know any good compressors that do not lose quality because some movies come in 2 parts.

11. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Just re-read all the posts and I still don't see any mention of playback via a standalone. Aside from the fact that many standalones handle the types of avi's usually downloaded.

12. reetann

reetann Guest

sags after you insert part one just click add again then part two.Thats unless the movie is in 2 parts to big for one disc should tell you that on download.Will add a tip only have convertion prog running close all other progs

13. sags

sags Regular member

i am just curious is there a way i can burn avi files to dvd without converting them. can u name the programs
    thanks

P.S i am fine with converting i am just curious if there is a way to burn without doing it

14. reetann

reetann Guest

Don't know of anyway you can put avi on disc without decoding.
    If in ISO format no need to convert.If in RAR format no need to convert but you need winrar to extract.

15. sags

sags Regular member

hey man
    do you know how i can burn DVD 9 to DVD 5. i have some files i ripped using dvd decrypter and they are like 7.4 GB. i want to put them on a standard 4.7 GB dvd. i used to use cloneDVD2 but can anyone tell me any other programs with good compression technology
    and if you can would it work for downloaded files as well.

P.S this is kind of off topic sorry about that

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

clonedvd2 from elaborate bytes.But you will need Slysofts Anydvd running in the background so that it can bypass the css encryptions and allow you to copy the disc

17. reetann

reetann Guest

DVD Shrink click open disc,highlight main movie only then click back it up.Write to disc with program from hard drive.

18. sags

sags Regular member

i can easily bypass the css with dvd decrypter but is there a program that works for downloaded files. u know if i want to get like 6 GB on DVD 5. for some reason my clonevd2 doesn't work by the time i get to the burning part it says "Path cannot be specified"
    i will try it again though. oh and i heard shrink only works for iso images is that true and does it have good compression tech...
    thanks

I am a newbie

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  19. reetann

reetann Guest

sags are you using dvd decrypter right?
    1.Open prog
    2.Select mode>then file
    3.Select Mode then file
    4.Select edit>Select all then click on box.
    when finished close prog.
    open prog that writes from hard drive
    select the file it is in then write.
    I use shrink all the time if duel layered or not
    Open shrink
    l l/c open disc
    2.l/c ok
    3.l/c back up
    destination hard disk folder select Type in C:\DVD_VIDEO l/c ok
    close shrink and remove disc
    Then open write prog now you know the file is C:\DVD_VIDEO so just find file and write to disc.
    Shrink encodes and makes the file fit onto 4.7gb
    Now if your talking d/l from net file avi you need to encode with DVDsanta or VSO Divx To DVD.ISO files d/l from net don't need encoding just open prog to write and select the file you sent to.
    hope thats clearer lol

20. sags

sags Regular member

thanks i use nero so it should work
    i have a couple more questions sorry if i am bothering you. do you know how i can merge 2 video files and get it on a dvd without losing quality. how can i get 2 parts of the same movie or get 2 movies on the same DVD. i am talking about downloaded movies. i tried nero but i have to reduce quality to do it. i need a program that compresses or encodes or whatever to make 2 video files fit on a dvd WITHOUT LOSING QUALITY.

thanks