1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning avi files to dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sags, Jun 3, 2005.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you are welcome my friend but remember theres more than just us here to help you with your multimedia probs

2. sags

sags Regular member

yeah well i am fine with the way i do things right now. but if i have time i will defenitly check it out

3. sags

sags Regular member

hey There once again
    i have a question, i can create menus for a file before burning it but is there a way to make a menu for a movie already on a dvd without disturbing the movie. i understand i may have to lose a little quality but thats fine as long as its just a little.
    thanks

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

re dump the dvd on your hard drive.

Open up tmpgenc dvd author and run it thought it but make sure you add the menus before you re burn it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2005
  5. sags

sags Regular member

hey man
    that was what i was trying to avoid. so theres no way to just add menus without doing all that because i have the movie on a DVD+R and i dont want to waste a DVD. they are getting kinda expensive in Canada. but if there is no other way just tell me i will try to do it your way
    thanks

6. sags

sags Regular member

hey
    i need help someone
    plz
    thanks

7. sags

sags Regular member

hello
    anyone there
    i am desperate for some kind of advice
    refer to my question 2 blocks above
    thanks

8. muchu

muchu Member

Sags,

You don't want to waste another dvd+r as they are "expensive." Buy some dvd+rw's. C$.50 is still cheap. Also, do you think your computer's power supply is magic (and therefore free)? Probably it is running on electricity which is costing you money every time you bump this thread up, hoping someone has found a miracle solution for you all in the name of saving C$.50. You'll find people will stop helping you if you're not willing to help yourself. Spend the money.

9. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You cannot magically add whatever you want, to a written disk.
    The structure is virtually, set it stone.
    If you want menus, rip the thing to your hard drive, and author it properly.
    Go buy a bulk pack of 4x DVD+R's at Office Depot/Future Shock/Staples, less than $24 for 50.

10. sags

sags Regular member

thanks i guess
    i was just curious if there was a way without actually putting it on the HD. i am completely new to this stuff so... but if the only way is reburn it i guess i will do it
    thanks

11. Zippy

Zippy Member

Use dvdsanta it is fantastic and so easy to decode avi to dvd

12. sags

sags Regular member

do any of you know anything about torrent sites. i use a bunch of torrent sites but i want to know which one is the best.
    oh and if you happen to know about torrents can you tell me if there is a place where i can get old movies my mom wants "Father of the Bride"
    thanks

13. sags

sags Regular member

hi there
    long time no see. i got some dvd folders of home movies.they are in video TS folders. i just want to know how i can create menus for my dvd. i want lots of features like making chapters, using images in the menu.
    if you know any software please tell me and i will be grateful.
    thanks

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  14. raeww

raeww Member

http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVDCreator_Download.jsp

Go to this web page and download this software. It will give you many options as to creating your movies. Chapters, titles, your own picture on the DVD and it will make the DVD so it will play on you DVD player including picking what chapters you want. It will blend the movie scenes and it's easy to use. As i know it since i only use this software myself to burn DVDS you don't need any certain DVD manufactured DVD. I use any brand and they all turn out excellent quality. It will also do double layer as long as your DVD Burner and DVD disks are capable.

Rae

15. sags

sags Regular member

hey there
    i have a question. i have a video cd or VCD that i want to convert to DVD format. can someone please tell me how to do this. i thought i could rip it on to my hard drive and then convert but the programs i use cant rip CDs so can someone please tell me what to do. i will be very grateful.
    thanks

16. raeww

raeww Member

17. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The quality of that VCD is not DVD quality, and it may not be worth it to burn it to a DVD, unless you are trying to burn more than one VCD to a DVD.

You won't be able to improve the quality.

18. sags

sags Regular member

its not the quality i am worried about
    the VCD doesnt work on my aunts dvd player. it worked on mine but it didnt work on hers so i thought if i make it into dvd format and put it in a DVD the player might be able to read it

19. joshmack

joshmack Guest

Sags-
    I am also a newbie at this. The file I have downloaded is an AVI file but it has two parts. If I am understanding you, You used Divx to convert the file and then nero recode to burn the converted file? Any advice would help me.

20. sags

sags Regular member

yes josh
    i used 'vso divx to dvd' program to convert my avi files. if u have 2 files of the same movie just click on the source button and add the first file and then click on source again and add the second file. this way the files will be in 1 folder so you can burn it on 1 dvd. the convertion takes about an hour a file. most movies just come in 1 file though. use nero recode to burn it. burning should not take more than 25-30 min. there are lots of good burning programs out there not just nero.
    if u have any questions just ask back.