1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning avi files to dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sags, Jun 3, 2005.

1. joshmack

joshmack Guest

Sags-
    I appreciate your help. I am trying out the program VSO DivxtoDVD right now. I'll let you know how things work out.
    What is all the stuff I keep reading about encoding? Is that what DivxDVD does or do I need another program?

2. sags

sags Regular member

thats what divx.. does. it converts or encodes the avi to DVD. all u need is vso.. and a burning program of ur choice. i use recode but there are other programs out there. when the convertion process is done u should have a video TS folder on ur hardrive (u have to target it somewhere so its easier to find). then just use ur burning program to burn it.

3. joshmack

joshmack Guest

Sags-
    When I go to Nero what are the steps I need to take to burn the file?
    Do you go to burn image to disc? When I do it says unexpected file format?! I really do appreciate the help.

4. sags

sags Regular member

just go to recode main movie to dvd. i dont know if this option appears on startsmart. but u should have a folder with all nero applications on ur hardrive. just go to the nerovision express and go to nero recode folder and click on recode icon then click on "recode main movie to dvd" then go to where the video TS folder is and press add. just keep hitting next. when u come to a screen where it asks u to pick a type of burning just ignore it and click next the default should do it for everything.
    if u have any questions just ask

5. sags

sags Regular member

hey there
    i was just wondering how do you tell if a video file is PAL or NTSC. can you tell by looking at the dimensions. i find a lot of different combos like 720*526 and 608*256 so can you tell me how to identify please