1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning AVI files (without converting)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by FireRaven, Jul 15, 2007.

1. FireRaven

FireRaven Member

Ok, so heres my problem. I want to burn AVI files to a dvd, however no mater what program I use, they all convert the files. What I'm trying to do is burn mulitple movies onto one disc and since avi files are considerable smaller I figured I would be able to do this. Now after reading various threads I think I know how to do it but I want to make sure I am correct in my thinking. I have a dvd player that specifically plays dvix movie files. So if I use dvd decrypter and burn them as a data disc my dvd player should play it correct? Now heres the next question. Can I burn more then one file onto the disc??? I haven't tried it yet because the series of movies is on a different computer right now. Thank you in advance for hopefully solving my problem.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Yeah, just burn as an ISO data compilation. You can fit say 6 700MB files. If any files are 2+GB's then you have to burn as UDF which reduces compatibility (some players don't like UDF for data).

3. FireRaven

FireRaven Member

How do I go about doing that?

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well DVD Decrypter as I recall could only burn ISO's so you would have to create the ISO first with something else.

5. Lohdriver

Lohdriver Member

DivX Player works for me; use it all the time. Drag & drop any avi file until you have filled the CD/DVD, then burn. They all play fine in DivX certified stand alone DVD player. Use DivX Converter for mpeg to DivX.

6. Lohdriver

Lohdriver Member

DivX Player works for me; use it all the time. Drag & drop any avi file until you have filled the CD/DVD, then burn. They all play fine in DivX certified stand alone DVD player. Use DivX Converter for mpeg to DivX.

7. barricade

barricade Guest

Or use Nero and burn it as a data DVD. Just drop all the AVI's and burn, works like a charm

8. FireRaven

FireRaven Member

I want to thank you all so much for your help. I downloaded divx player and it works like a charm. I finally got rid of the 20+ movies I had on my computer. Thank you all again!!!!!