1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning AVI to DVD..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by callistra, Jan 28, 2007.

1. callistra

callistra Member

I am at my witts end. My level of frustration cannot possibly be put into adequate words. I have spent weeks finding a quick time format to avi converter which didn't make my video look like complete crap. NOW I can't find a burner which burns it to DVD video without making it look like complete crap.. completely pointless and worthless crap. Nero made it look awful. Are there no burning programs which don't reduce the quality of the video while burning?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The quality of the video will not be reduced when burning. The only time it will be reduced is during the conversion of the video file. From the Quick Time format (or AVI) to DVD format.

Below are a few things you can try to get a better burn of the video...

Make sure your DVD Burner firmware is up to date

Make sure you are using quality(best compatible for your drive) blank media

Do not multitask during the burn or during the converting of the file

Turn off any programs that are not necessary that run in the background (Anti-Virus/Security Suites etc. etc.)

Burn at half the rated speed of the blank media. If they are 4x or 8x burn at 4x if they are 16x burn at 8x

You can also try using a program called convertXTODvd to convert the video file and burn at the same time. It will also let you add a menu to the DVD. Below is a guide on how to use it...

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vso_convertxtodvd_guide.cfm

Plus another thing to keep in mind is if the video has a low bitrate already you pretty much will not get a good result. (Junk in Junk out)

You need to keep in mind that some video files will not convert that well. If the quality of the video is already low then converting it will degrade the quality allot more then what it is.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007