1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning bin & cue files to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by prolifik, Mar 28, 2005.

1. prolifik

prolifik Guest

i have the cue & bin files for the movie Last Samurai and i wanted to burn it into one file as a dvd movie. what should i do? do i need to join the files first? do i need a separate program to do this? i have Nero Ultra Edition. im new here and i hope that you guys could help me out..thanks! =)

2. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try this:

Change the cue & bin into mpeg with VCDGear, a free program downloadable from here:

http://www.vcdgear.com/

Then burn with Nero.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

As long as you have a DVD burner; here's how. I'm fairly new to this myself and just learning but this seems fairly simple to me and I'm no pc guru. First, extract the mpg from the bin/cue files with Isobuster (free). A step by step guide is available at Videohelp.com. Not necessary to join them unless you don't want a blip in the middle but there are a multitude of tools out there. I have used DVD Shrink (free) and VirtualDub (again, free and a guide is available at Videohelp.com) but prefer TMPGenc Plus to join the mpg's (file>MPEG Tool) just because I have it and it works for me. I believe TMPGenc will also do this (again free), then just burn to DVD with Nero; may even join the files for you; don't know. And, that's it. Good luck

5. prolifik

prolifik Guest

btw, i forgot to mention that i have 2 cue files and 2 bin files in 2 separate folders..i guess these are files from a CD..so do i still use the same procedures you gave me or should i use a different procedure? thanks in advance!

6. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

When you re encde with Nero Vision express or TMPGE you just add both clips. Its part of the process. DVD encoders allow for multipal clips.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  7. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Gonna pay close attention to this thread cause i need to learn this too.

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Its easy Kyle , extract the mpeg(s)/avi(s) from CD1 & CD2 folders using whatever piece of software [I use ISO-Buster myself , but each to their own].
    Encode the mpeg or avi to MPEG2 [dvd compliant] format. If it wasn't converted to VOB already ... just use TMPGEnc DVD Author to do so.

All the relative guides are in the [bold]Afterdawn Guides Section[/bold]

*Moved to correct forum*

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

As stated above, if VCD, encode to MPEG2. If SVCD, it already is. Sorry, I assumed it was SVCD.

10. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Thanks for that, I am gonna read some of the guides here that people have so graciously posted for dummies like myself.