1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning BIN Files with Nero. HOW?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Shaun2209, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi,

I need some advice regarding burning BIN files in nero. I've read an earlier thread regarding this which I'll show you.

Guys, it's VERY easy. Here is how it works:
    In Nero, go to File -> Burn Image.
    Find the *.bin file that you want to burn and open it. Then you'll get a window that says: "Foreign image settings"
    These are the settings:
    Type of image: leave that unchanged to Data Mode 1;
    Then, very important, select the Raw Data check box. When you do that the Block Size (which is one line below) changes automatically from 2048 to 2352.
    That's all! Leave Image Header and Image Trailer unchanged and set to 0. "Scrambled" and "Swapped" check boxes should remain UNchecked as well.
    Let me know if you need more help, but I am sure with detailed instructions like these you will burn bin files without problems!
    Take care!

This is very good advice which I've followed, however I have 2 BIN files that make up one video file. This is my problem, the above instructions are fine if you only have a single BIN file. I don't know how I can combine the 2 BIN files.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You will want to extract the video file(s) from the .bin file(s) !:c)

Which can be done w/ something like ISObuster

Then encode the mpg/avi files to MPEG-2 (DVD complaint) & convert to VOB ... ready to burn in VIDEO_TS folder

3. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi herbsman,

I hear what your saying which normally I would do. However, having extracted the video files with ISObuster, I would normally use WinDVD Creator to burn the file to a DVD disk.

Trouble is I'm having some probs with DVD Creator. So I wanted to try and get round this problem by burning the BIN files directly from Nero. Only trouble is this file has 2 BIN files which I can't manage to combine. The directions in my first messsage are ideal if there is only 1 BIN file to burn.

I was trying to find out if there was a way I could combine the two.

Thanks.

4. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi herbsman,

You kindly posted a reply to me yesterday within this thread. Thanks for that, but could you be a little more specific?

What do I encode the mpg/avi files to MPEG-2 (DVD complaint) with? Which software? Nero...?

Also, which software should I, and could I, use to convert the files to VOB?

I'm a fresh out the packet newbie when it comes to converting/encoding etc. Please be patient with me.

Thanks. Shaun.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

lol ... no problem Shaun [we were all newbies once , and all still are in other aspects of life anyway eh ... unless some clever dick pops up saying they know it all] ; )

Right as to encoding to MPEG-2 my brother ... I personally use MainConcept MPEG Encoder to do this (most of time). There are better encoders , that is to say slightly better video quality perhaps & more bells n whistles - but time is an important factor to me quite often & that's where MainConcept comes in. It is the quickest Ive tried by far and oh so simple to use so could well help here I feel.
    You'd open an avi/mpeg/dat file then choose location [change filename after encoding is advisable].. the options I choose are DVD / PAL* / Layer 2 / Program: (Audio+Video)...hit convert button!
    Once you have that MPEG-2 (DVD complaint , so correct screen res & 48kHz audio) you can then convert to VOB using TMPGEnc DVD Author ... adding chapters & menu as you go :)

Once that's done , if the project size is under 4.37Gb you can then burn using TMPGEnc DVD Author burning engine or Nero etc...

If you need to know anything else mate , give us a shout : ]-~

* I choose PAL because I'm in Europe but if in USA or Japan you'll need to select NTSC more than likely

6. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi again herbsman,

Thanks for your reply.

The software titles you mentioned, MainConcept MPEG Encoder and TMPGEnc DVD Author, where do I get these from?

If you can let me know where I can purchase these from or even better where to download them from I'd be really grateful.

Thanks again. Shaun.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Shaun, aside from herbsman's excellent advice, if you're gonna buy new software you might want to try Alchohol 120, it works with bin/cue files extremely well.;>)

8. Shaun2209

Shaun2209 Guest

Hi bigorange,

Thanks for that. I already have the files for Alchohol on my PC but I've never got round to installing them.

From what you say, I think I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks. Shaun.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No sweat, if you have problems, let me know and I'll try to help, but 120 is pretty easy to operate and self explanatory.:>)

10. Bleach

Bleach Guest

Question Anyone

Can you Modify one of the CUE files to include the second bin file Then load the modified CUE file so that Nero will load BOTH .BIN files??

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I don' know if that could be done having never tried it myself or seen anyone else do it, I lean towards doubtful. If you are wanting to combine the files, why couldn't you burn both to your HD and then add the two files in NVE(since you have nero) and then burn to one disc? I haven't tried it but it seems feasible. If it worked You could even create chapters and a menu to navigate the dvd before you burned to disc while in NVE also.

It brings up an interesting concept, I may give it a whirl myself just to see if it would work. Assuming this is why you want to do what you're asking, that is, put both files to one disc. Or do you have another objective?

12. Bleach

Bleach Guest

When you say "burn the files to your HArd drive" you mean extract the video from the BIN files and then load the 2 files into nero for a DVD-R backup?

Yes my objective is to combine 2 BIN files (two BIN was created for one movie possibly for CD-R's) into one file to burn to a DVD-R.

I have tried adding the TWO .CUE files but something may be going wrong It won't load both the .bin files?

Yupp I got Nero 6. something (latest release for sure) and all the bells and whistles (NVE, DVD plugin and some other Plugins I have yet to learn what they do LOL).

I may just try Alcohol 120% and see if that prog. can handle a 2 .cue and 2 .bin file conversion onto one dvd-r
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Shut Up! I'm giving the cow a cookie ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2004
  13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You'll have to do each cue file one at a time. Send them to your HD in a folder(create this first and put it where you can find it so you can browse to it in NVE) instead of your burner. After you have both files done open NVE and choose DVD and then add each bin file one at a time to NVE. After it's finished you can then create your chapters and then create a menu. Then go to burn.

I wrote a simple NVE guide if you want it. BTW, you must have the DVD plugin installed for NVE to work.

As I said I have never tried this with cue files in NVE but it seems it should work :>)

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually I was going to suggest using Alchohol 120 to do your files to the HD, but I didn't know if you had it. You will have to do them one at a time in 120 tho.

Then just send them to your HD and open NVE and go from there.

15. Bleach

Bleach Guest

I'll give it a try and see what comes of it (i got a DVD-RW for my experimental DVD burning lol)

Thanks for the input BigO

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Your welcome, good thinking on the RW, let me know how it turns out :>)

17. marc65

marc65 Member

I have a question. (newbie). Every where I read about getting mpegs, bins ,svd ,vcd ,to dvd talks about a numerous amount of steps, software and time. why can't I simply put these files into nero express or ulead?

18. Bleach

Bleach Guest

Not sure I understand your question

Most if not all Mpeg files as well as BIN and VCDs can be put straight to Nero to burn to DVD format.

Some of the threads you may be reading are OLD or have certain CIRCUMSTANCES that make a few extra steps necessary.

Such as Two BIN files (nero will only allow you to select ONE).

Some people want to SHRINK the size of an MPEG hence the introduction of software like DVD srink Or Decrypt.

Others want to EDIT the movie for special purposes which would require additional steps and software.

But for Good OLE fashion Video to DVD just boot up Nero and select ADD VIDEO FILE (for MPEGS and AVI) or Select Burn image for Bin/Cue or ISO files.

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Every where I read about getting mpegs, bins ,svd ,VCD ,to dvd talks about a numerous amount of steps, software and time. why can't I simply put these files into Nero express or ulead?

Any files, no matter what they are must be dvd compliant files before they can be burned on DVD.

Files like avi, mpeg 2, Dvix, etc. have to be converted, there are apps that do it without maybe you knowing it, and some require steps, and some people like to have menus, etc. to navigate their burnt DVD, Like Me, which require authoring programs like NVE, DvdLab, etc. This also requires extra steps.

But you can find all kinds of conversion apps and guides here(over 500, I believe), I'm sure there is one to fit your needs:

http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php...=0&listallusers=&search=Search+or+List+Guides