1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning .bin files WITHOUT using Nero ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by InCanada, Feb 12, 2003.

1. InCanada

InCanada Member

My burner came bundled with EZ CD Creator. I tried installing other burning software (before installing the EZCD) and nothing else worked with the hardware.
    I tried many different things for 2 months before resigning to the EZ CD Creator software.
    It has worked flawlessly since, and the latest upgrades have been installed.
    However, this company has absolutely no information whatsoever regarding .bin files.
    Every inquiry/search comes back with zero responses.
    So just what is a .bin file anyways and how would I go about burning it to CD ?
    Can it be handled like a raw data file ?
    Does it need some sort of special file created to be used ?
    (Like using notepad to creat a simple .txt file then changing the suffix to .??? afterwards ? Then include that with the burn.)
    Any help would be appreciated !

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I once saw a thread that stated .bin files are created when doing VCD's. I usually just do avi's so am not up on the VCD creation process but you may want to look at the VCD guides on this site for clues.

3. InCanada

InCanada Member

After looking through some other threads your advise re:VCD might be of some assistance and I will look into it. :)
    I have also spent the better part of the last hour reading a different thread on .bin/.cue files and .iso files.

BTW an unanswered question there about what FLT means in the file "Gamefile.FLT.bin.exe" still remains.

The big outstanding question for me now is
    =>Can I use Easy CD Creator Platinum to burn these files ?
    Most of what I have read would indicate that I need access to some parameters that aren't available in this software. (At least not readily accessible)

I really dislike installing more big software programs just to perform 1 task. I am on a budget and don't have much space avilable on this old 1GHz system.

I have just DLed ISObuster.(It's not that big.)
    Now to find out how it works...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2003
  4. InCanada

InCanada Member

Now that is nice to see...the complete file listings of the image. This ISObuster program is definitely worthwhile util.
    So now I have to try find a compatable software program for burning.
    Any suggestions ?(going to check the .bin/.cue .iso FAQs thread again.)

5. InCanada

InCanada Member

I have looked at the new postings today and would like to suggest that this entire thread be deleted. I have seen other threads cover my improperly posted questions.
    And thanks for all the help so far.