1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning bios to CD to flash chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by im_etten, Apr 11, 2005.

1. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

I have the M8plus bios .bin file. I did not get a .cue file, so can I create a .cue file in notepad? If so then what should the mode be? Mode 1 or mode 2?

Thanks

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

In Nero Burning Rom, go to new compilation & CD-Rom(ISO) then click on New. Next, drag your M8plus.bin over and burn. I'm not sure what dvd drive you have in your Xbox so i'm not sure if yours is capable of reading cd-r, I have the Samsung so I was able to use cd-r. I almost forgot to mention that it would be wise to make a 100mb dummy file with dummy file creator and it to your M8plus.bin file because sometimes the Xbox drives have a difficult time reading small files such as 256k; Therefore, the Xbox won't read it as a blank disk, just a little advice. As far as your last question, the answer is Mode 1... Later man

3. im_etten

im_etten Regular member

Ok... I found a good tutorial on how I need to do this. I did not know Nero could burn the .bin without the .cue file.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005