1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning captured mpeg-2 movies to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by m2erc, Jan 4, 2004.

1. m2erc

m2erc Guest

Hi all,
    I have numorus movies on my computer that i would like to burn to dvd movies. The files are all recorded to MPEG-2, 6000 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 720*480, 16:9 video and 160 Kbps, 32000 Hz audio. I cant figure out how to burn these on to a working dvd video. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. wiberg

wiberg Member

hi!
    check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/
    they got answer for almost everything.
    i read there under "How To" / "Author"
    and "burn DVD:s" something about
    "TMPGEnc DVD Author". dont know exacly
    what it does, but check it out!
    //johan

3. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hi,
    The files seem to be in perfect format for burning an NTSC DVD video. All you need now is TMPGEnc DVD Author to author the files into a DVD titleset and a burning program like Nero or RecordNow to burn the DVD.

There are step-by-step guides for all these programs are here:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

(I don't remember the correct audio frequency at the moment, but I think it is supposed to be 48Khz. In any case, TMPGEnc DVD Author can fix this for you automatically if you select the option underneath the are where you point it to your audio stream.)

4. m2erc

m2erc Guest

thanks alot guys, great help.

Tim

5. whassup

whassup Regular member

Your audio frequency is incorrect. It should be 48kHz for DVD (44.1 kHz for VCD/SVCD).

You'll need to demux, re-encode the audio, and re-mux before even trying to author.

6. m2erc

m2erc Guest

where can i find a program that will Demux my files?

Tim

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can use Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg Tool" to demultiplex your Files and you can use it also to resample the audio But you do not nescessarilly have to re-mux them back together as any Good DVD authoring Program will happily accept or even Prefer you to have seperate audio and Video Files.....

8. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

That's what I figured about the audio.

However, you don't actually have to demultiplex and reencode the audio -> TMPGEnc DVD Author will do the converstion for you on-the-fly.

When you select your video source under "add file", the program will recognise that the frequecy is wrong, and will automatically select "re-encode the audio using output format of the track". That will solve the problem for you, and will save you a step

Good luck

9. m2erc

m2erc Guest

Once again, thanks everybody. You have stopped me from going crazy. Before i found this forum, i had wasted about 10 dvd-r's. You guys are great help.

Tim