1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning cd from mp3 true to original cd properties???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by deepfried, Apr 12, 2005.

1. deepfried

deepfried Member

anyone got an idea how to do this - my problem is that most softwares burn mp3s or wavs as seperate files, automatically placing a 2s track gap in. for some albums this is annoying as some tracks continue into the next track with no audio gap. does anyone know how i could acheive this effect? i know nero has a function to change the gap time to zero but you still get a transitional gap in most cases.

i think this would be because the way a cd is put together professionally would obviously differ from the way that a burning software would , so im stumped on this one.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

no, its because mp3s have a short gap at the end of them. The way CDRs are burnt compared to pressed ones are pretty much the same. if you rip as CD as wavs, then burn them as an audio CD and remove the 2 second gap, it will play seemless. so basically you're SOL if you have mp3s.

3. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

THERE IS A WAY (sorry just woke up, didnt realise caps was on). Like I sais thee is a way. You need a program called "Jet Audio". It is free and can be downloaded from here
    http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.me...et/audio_software/audio_players/jet_audio.cfm
    or from the official website
    http://www.cowonamerica.com/download/
    STEP 1
    Once downloaded configure the installation like you would any normal program. Once the program has loaded insert a cd and click on "Rip CD". A new box will open called ripping go to the bottom and make sure the output format is WAV. Next click on config and a config box should appear. Click on select WAV format. A new box should should called "Sound Selection". Make sure Name says [untitled]. Format should be PCM. Attributes should be 44.100 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo, 172kb/sec (5th from bottome). It has to be this setting as the WAV can't be compressed if it is higher or lower. Once this is done choose a directory to save the WAV file to. Then tick the box which says "Rip continious selected tracks as one file". Then click start. Once the WAV file has been saved it needs to be compressed.

STEP 2
    I'm sure most of you have heard of EAC (Exact Audio Copy). With the Lame plugin you can acheive the best sounding mp3's around. Use this guide which tells you how to download, install and set up EAC.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/mydeneaclame.cfm
    Once the program is configured correctly start up EAC. Click on the EAC tab on the left. Select compression settings and tick box which says "Use external program for compression". Parameter passing scheme select LAME MP3 ENCODER. Program, including path, used for compression (this should be where you installed EAC). In the Additional command line options: type in -h -v -b 256 --alt-preset extreme
    This will give the best sounding mp3's. Bit rate select Variable Bitrate 192 kBit/s. Once you have done this click on the tools tab and select compress WAVs. Find the directory in which you made that one big WAV file using Jet Audio. Make sure you make a copy of the WAV file before you select it as you may want to use it again for somwething else. Select the file and click open. This will now be compressing the file. (ps. it will take a while maybe 20, 30, 40 mins depending on the file size and speed of computer. please be patient. once done play back the file using winamp which will scan each frame of audio and display what kbit it is. I suggest winamp as it is best media player for audio. (Sorry for lack of spelling as I am in a rush.) And thats it. Hope this worked. Reply for any more queries.

4. deepfried

deepfried Member

one big mp3's not really what im looking for - if i had the original disc i would just burn as an image but i dont have the original disc, i want to make a decent sounding disc like noted from downloaded mp3s. even when ive used soundforge to remove small gaps from mp3s and set the gap time to 0 in nero, i still get a little glitch when playing onto to next track.

5. deepfried

deepfried Member

well ive worked out how to do it for the most part. what i done was (assuming my mp3s were ripped correctly), convert audio from mp3 to wav using Easy CD-DA Extractor's Audio file format converter - it has an option when you convert to remove leading and trailing silences from mp3s so i done that - i then burned the wav to an audio cd in nero making sure i set the track gap to 0, in all but the first track (you need the track gap pre first track or your cd wont play correctly), and voila.