1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning cds with nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by huntert, Nov 17, 2004.

1. huntert

huntert Guest

i have nero 6.0 suite 2 my burner is a sony dvd burner/cd burner. I am able to burn dvds and i was able to burn cds with windows media player 9. When i tried to back up cds with nero. Nero said that the
    burn was successful but the cd was a coaster.
    a lot of people swear by nero but I have had alot of
    trouble with it. I would like to do fancier things in the future but right now i would just like to burn cds. thanks in advance.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know that version but...did you try to use the Wizard? (one of the main menu voices which must be checked)
    In my version it asks to you some things: at the begining it asks if you want to burn an Audio CD, a Data CD, a VCD ....and the settings are very simple.
    You finish in a 2-windows screen and you have to drag-and-drop the (.MP3, .WAV..) music files from the 'explorer' window into the CD layout window. If necessary you can change some setting by right-clicking the track (pause=0 id it's a live track mixed with the subsequent one, filters..) then push the button that makes it to begin the burning burn.
    I hope your version of Nero is not much diferent from mine.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

When you say the CD you created was a coaster, can yo be more specific?

Did it actually write to the disc? If you used the 'Disc Info' feature of Nero, what did it report? Was the session left open?

Do you have the latest firmware for your recorder, and the latest version of Nero?

Have you tried more than one brand of CD-R media?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

4. Streamcod

Streamcod Member

well ccampbell he said he has trouble with nero not cds..

.... huntert did you try to update your nero-verion,if u feel that nero do not sutible for you , you can get Roxio (this support DVD too) or CDRWin.

i prefer using >Nero express< much easiar than enter in advance nero mode (@ the end both are from same program) :).

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Streamcod,

Thanks for the assist.

However, he did say he was having trouble creating CD's with Nero, so my questions still apply. :)

Regards

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA