1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Command and Conquer:Generals! Need help

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Steefoo, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Steefoo

Steefoo Member

I have clonecd program and I could burn c&c:generals...BUT when I tried to start it up...it says,"Generals.exe has encountered an error." So I wondering if someone has burned a working Generals copy and what program they used? Thxs

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It might be either a bad original CD/image or a bad copying procedure.

You can check if the backkup procedure was right by reading the 'backup protect CD' thread on the main page.

You can also check if the original image was good by installing it ( mounting the image with Alcohol/Daemon Tools).

3. tartanlad

tartanlad Member

try alcohol 120% it is very reliable when it comes to backing up SD protections.
    cd 1 is SD2.8, cd2 is unprotected
    make sure your writer supports efm encoding then that the bypass efm encoding button is not ticked.
    otherwise make sure it is ticked.

4. Steefoo

Steefoo Member

i have install alcohol 120%...but when i try to burn the image...it says,"Access violation address 0049D894 in module "alochol.exe," read of address 00131005"Wat does this mean?

Also I mounted my image with my virutaldrive and it works.. So that means my burning is bad rite?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  5. Maxgamer

Maxgamer Guest

Is there a difference between SD 2.8 and SD 2 when creating an image in Alcohol 120%?

6. krisrmgua

krisrmgua Member

Anyone know what settings/check box's and data should be set when making the image and when burrning. I would really like to know all the checkbox's and drop down menus settings for making image and burnning c&c Generals. Ive wasted several CD's trying to burn it and i cant figure out which of all settings can do it.

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Nothing simpler. Using Alcohol 120%:

1) image making: select Datatype 'Safedisc 2'
    2) image burning: select Datatype 'Safedisc 2'

If RAW-DAO burning produces coasters, then change, from safedisc v2, RAW DAO to RAW SAO.

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Only certain burners can make successful backups o Safedisc 2.8.x. What bran do you have? You can emulate the image of the first disc, then play the game. The safe method here is to INSTALL the game first from the original cd's then read the image of the first disc to your hd, then mount the image with your virtual drive. be sure to use the Safedisc 2.8.x profile before reading the image of the first disc to your hard drive.

Shoey

9. TTBoy

TTBoy Member

What I did is I used a program called Daemon Utilities to crack safedisc...the I took both cds and threw them on my desktop and just transfered the data over to a cd using Nero...then when installing it from both the ripped discs, you make one directory on your desktop so that setup can find the data2.cab file. Thats how I did it.

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Since Daemon Tools is freeware, this is your best route to go if your burner can't make backups of Safedisc. Daemon Tools is by far the best for emulation and you went the right route. You can simply read the image of both discs using CloneCD then mount them both with your virtual drives and play the game. Just be sure that you FIRST install the game from the cd's before emulating. Alcohol will get the job done as well but eventually you'll need a full version, lol.

Shoey

11. Steefoo

Steefoo Member

i dont know exactly cuz i forgot. In the alcohol 120% menu is says, "HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B (2:1)" Also on my other computer, it is a "Lite-on LTR-48125W" Should i use my other computer's burner?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2003
  12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B Is a Lucky Goldstar 48x
    Lite-on LTR-48125W= Use this model to make bacups of SecuROM 4.8.x& Safedisc 4.8.x. Daemon Tools is more designed for cdrw's that can't make backups of these protections& using virtual drive(s) to replace the original disc, lol. Use Alcohol to backup Safedisc and BlindWrite to make backups of SecuROM 4.8.x.
    Of the 2 burners you own, the LiteON is the better burner to make backups of any pc game protection.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2003