1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Copies of DVDs-home made slideshows

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gramps11, Feb 4, 2005.

1. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I have been having real problems making good copies of several homemade DVD slideshows. My main computer runs XP, Plextor 712A burner and Nero burning software.

Can someone give me a step by step list of how to successfully burn good copies. I am burning a lot of discs, but most are unusable.

My originals play very well, I just simply want to "copy" them. Seems simple, but not for me.

Thanks for ANY help.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi gramps11--
    In the Nero Smartstart window--at the top towards the right there is a picture of 2 DVD's--Click on that and a window pops up and pick the one that says copy DVD--follow the instructions--should not be a problem--let us know if it works for you--if not, let us know which Nero program you have--

Whitfield

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Might be a good idea to practice with a RW type disk (rewritable)for practice until you are confident-

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use dvd decrypter and read as iso image then burn it! with same app!

5. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

Thanks for the fast input. I went to the DVD Decrypter site and as I am a resident of the US I guess I cannot use it.

I will get DVD RWs to experiment on until I can get it to work.

I will attempt one more "copy" using Nero-I have recently updated to Nero 6.6.06.

My problem had been --when I tried to make a copy I would put the "original" in my DVD Rom drive as the source. Then I put in a new, blank DVD (they are TDK 4x) it kept ejecting the destination disk because "the disk is empty".

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you can use it!!!!!!

just say your not from there and get it! its just legal crap!

shoot! you wont regret it!

7. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

if you go by the us resident thing you can use dvd shrink to read the disc and it wont shrink it because it is already the right size then shrink will use nero to burn the disc. you can get shrink on this site in the software section. i have tried using just nero to copy a copy before which should work fine because there is no copyrights left on it but when in my dvd player it skips like crazy. but using shrink works every time. good luck

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hold on a sec!!!

are we talking an original dvd here? if so nero will not copy it ever!

it has to be ripped first! take out protection and then shrank so to fit a dvd5 size, use dvd shrink!

9. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I just went to Nero Start Smart-- clicked on "Copy" with the two DVD symbol. Put in the source disk and it says I have over 20GB of data on it--I know it is not that much. It is only about 20 minutes long and has about 800mb of slideshow. Out pops the disc from the burner. What could I be doing wrong?

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i stand corrected on original thing, ok

please tell me what files type extensions you have on the disc please!!!!

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

gramps11--
    I thought you said that the disks you have are homemade slideshows--If that is the case then there would not be any encryption and copying them easy--however if they are commercial DVD's, then you need either DVDDecryptor and Shrink or any of the other ripper programs--but these 2 are free--Plus, I agree, just say you are not in the US and get Decryptor.

12. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

Rotary--when I said "original" I mean that it is my homemade burn of the slideshow on DVD which I wish to make several copies of. It is not a Movie DVD.

I did go to download DVD Shrink and now have it on my computer.

My DVD that I am trying to copy is only 840MB, but when I put it in Nero it keeps telling me that I have over 20GB to copy... Nuts

13. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

Rotary--where do I go to find the "file extensions" on this slideshow?

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

What are your system specs--specifically do you have a DVD-Rom AND and DVD Writer? Nero states that your source disk has over 20GB? Are you sure? Never heard of that.

15. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

I have a new DVD Rom and a Plextor 712A burner drive. I am using Nero 6.6.0.6. I am running Windows XP. My CPU is Athlon 64 running over 2ghz. MSI MB, 1gb of Corsair Ram and 150 GB HD (two x 75)

16. gramps11

gramps11 Guest

If this helps-one of my DVD slideshows was created using MemoriesToTV. The other was created in Photodex Photo Show Gold. Do those programs possibly render and encrpt something on the finishe DVD that makes copying them difficult?

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

OK--Good set-up--Do you have any other DVD programs, or just Nero? I also use Sonic Record Now and DVD Decryptor--but any of them should have no problem with just making a copy--especially because it is not encrypted--maybe uninstall Nero--re-boot and then re-install--but that is probably not needed--get Decryptor and try that--just go to the guide section (Tab at the top of this page)follow instructions--let us know how you make out

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi place the disc in the drive, go to my computer click on the drive that holds the disc and open it to look in the folder etc...

than write back what typr files you have in there!

you may need to right click and go properties if you have hide file extensions turned on!

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Just saw your last post--I am not familiar with those programs--maybe someone else here can answer that.

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

those apps used may put there own type copy protection on them???