1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning copy protected dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bcakt6, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Pattykmn, catfreak's advice is excellent, just follow it. One thing, I would also try dvdinfopro (it's like dvdidentifier). Both are free, so you could use both i guess, but I like infopro a lot more even tho I have both,LOL..

dvdinfopro does a lot more then identify, whether it's media, drives, burners, etc. It will reestablish links with hardware, erase and format discs, play mpeg, avi, vob,etc., snapshots(saves current view as jpg file), copies to clipboard, sets booktype on drives, tests for read errors, tests for media and drive speed, preference settings for programs, it'll even create and compare ISO files(haven't used that one yet, heh heh), and let's see, mmm.....oh yeah it'll even eject your drive trays, LOL.

The more i use that sucker the more i'm impressed with it, plus the fact those intrusive ads on most free software are almost non-existent on this little app. One little popup when you 1st open it and that's it.

Keep it on your desktop for handy access, i highly recommend this little jem to EVERYBODY! ;>)

2. dabney

dabney Member

can someone tell me what do i do to get defjam fight for ny burned from off the computer

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

gimpie, Thanx man! ;>)

On registry cleaners, I like Be Clean and RegSeeker. I use both, usually what one misses the other will get. RegSeeker is probably the more powerful of the two.

BeClean has Registry Cleaner, Internet Cleaner, History Cleaner, Temporary Files Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, Desktop Cleaner and Start Menu Cleaner. You can even create your own cleaner!

It can be found here:

http://boozet.xepher.net

RegSeeker is a little more involved, has more features. "RegSeeker is a handy tool for managing several popular registry items and searching the registry by keyword. It offers quick access to Startup Entries, Uninstall Information, Color Schemes, History items (URLs, Recent Documents etc) and IE Favorites. The program also includes a registry cleaning feature that finds invalid and unused registry entries, allowing you to delete them. RegSeeker can automatically create a backup before deleting any registry entries. The program comes with an attractive, easy to use interface. Nevertheless it is not intended for complete beginners and you should feel comfortable working with the Windows registry before using it." As far as cleaning the registry goes, just follow the leads and you'll be alright.

Just remember when using the app there is no "go" button, you have to right click on the window, then choose and click on your options.

You can find it here:

http://www.onlythebestfreeware.com/program.asp?program_id=30

I have run other registry cleaners and then run that app and it found 1000-1200 more entries!

But, it's good to run a couple to cover all bases, run BeClean 1st, then run RegSeeker. Both are free! And better than most of the paid versions I've seen.

Good luck...:>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

That's four manufacturers and one brand that sells media by several manufacturers, much of it by 3 on the list. Below are some of the manufacturers along with the format they manufacture for Fuji.

-R: ProdiscS03 (Prodisc Technology Inc.), PVC001001 (Pioneer Video Corporation)
    Prodisc was #4

-RW: MCC 01RW11 (Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation), PVCW000001Q9 (Pioneer Video Corporation)
    MCC is #2 and PVC wasn't on the list except it is Fuji

+RW: RICOHJPNW019 (Ricoh Company Limited)
    Ricoh is #3

+R: RICOHJPNR018 (Ricoh Company Limited), RICOHJPNR008
    Again Ricoh is #3

I'd recommend going with Ritek-RiData, as you are assured of a good media at a good price. You'll get Ritek or Ricoh depending on whether you choose the - or +R format. I'm not pushing Meritline, but they seem to have about the best track record of service and guarantee. Appears catfreak, BigO, and I are in agreement.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Pattykmn ... I assume that since you have a Pioneer DVD recorder, that the media that you use is -R. You can get a cakebox of 100 Pioneer certified ProDisc 4x DVD-R discs for $32.40 +shipping from this link ...

http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/prodisc-4x-white-inkjet-printable-dvd-r-media-100.html

the link for DVD InfoPro is ...

http://www.forums.speedlabs.org/index.php/topic,696.0.html

... also ... your choice of the Pioneer is a good one ... all the tests that I've read rate it highly ...

... to bigorange ... I suppose that I can talk to a Tenn fan since my Wolverines never get a chance to work you guys over ...

... Sorry to the Mod for straying off-topic in this thread !..

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

dabney, I have no idea what you're asking, could you try a little punctuation and full wording please? :>)

Ls it cud be lik this u no wat i men win i giv a ansr to the ?.

7. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... bigorange ... I didn't realize that you were bi-lingual ...

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

catfreak , don't ya just hate that crap? LOL

It's a good thing they don't get a chance or else you would have another loss on your record, LOL.

BTW, to the mods, sorry for responding to catfreak's off topic post ;>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

9. jwhyrock

jwhyrock Guest

Ok, here's a change of question/pace, but I have a computer at work and I have a ton and I do mean a ton of music on it, and I would love to listen to it at home. Problem is, it's mostly mp3s. I can convert to .wavs and that's fine, but it doesn't dent my supply of music. I tried making a data disc of my converted mp3 files to .wav files and burning them to a dvd, but even my PS2 (playstation 2) wouldn't recognize them. How do I get mp3s and/or .wavs to a dvd player to save me space off a dvd? Or do I simply have to live with the limited space off a .wav capabilitiy of a normal cd? I've seen the new dvd players that offer mp3/burned dvd ability, but I was hoping I could do it right now with my current set-up. Let me know. By the way, I've got over fifty films and going in my collection. I love you all. =)

10. jt_skins

jt_skins Member

Has anybody received this error yet?
    Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

Btw, thanks to ScubaPete and BigOrange for sharing their wisdom and allowing me to back up 2 dvds so far. My Bruce Lee collection will live on...
    - Skins

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

skins, that usually means scratched and/or dirty discs. :>)

12. beltline

beltline Regular member

Just wondering if the registry cleaning has anything to do with burning DVD's. I saw the question earlier, but not sure what it is relating to? I only ask because I wanted to know if this is something I needed to be using on my computer if I am burning disc?

Thanks

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey brobear,

I'm just saying a conversation about a media that in the past I had "listed" (which is the context which I had written that post in) had no bearing on the questions that were being addressed here and now on this thread. Don't go getting "ticked" on account of nothing - I just wanted to get this thread back on track. Your views are always welcomed.

Peace there good guy, let's just have peace -

Pete

Beltline,

That's like saying, "I have a car with 4 flat tires and it won't go anywhere." So you're going to blame the transmission (your software) and maybe, if the fault isn't there - is the next step to blame the car's engine (the DVD drive.) ? There's nothing that we can say to you at this point - you feel your $.19 discs are blameless (the car's flat tires don't matter, the car doesn't drive.).You'll have to look else where as it appears our council hasn't any value.

Cheers,

Shaddy,

Hey there good guy, I totally understand, I really do - So when you get back from your $49.99 to $69.99 tech support phone calls, stop back and let us know how you made out :)

Cheers,

Howdy buckley28,

Not too many pple use Dual-sided discs but they are to be treated as single-sided discs that you can "flip" over and record on the other side. It should be a Firmware issue not a format issue. Many mfgs. have "Tweaked" their drives to accommodate "flipper" discs. Check with your drive's mfg to see if they are set for that type of media.

Once again, you'll have to look at the "date stamp" on those posts because I haven't seen too many posts on Dual-sided discs recently as they have been available for a couple of years. Most of today's conversations deal with Dual-layered discs. Some pple may be waiting on Dual-Layered discs that are Dual-sided also, they're not available at all and I don't know when they will be.

If you're uncertain, post the URL's of those posts you're referring too.

Cheers,

Pete

14. Shaddy

Shaddy Member

Hey, BigO. I've been using TDK based on Pete's recommendation to another newbie. Didn't know that they were "farmed out" to different manufacturers :)

The big deal about the media brands you recommend is that they won't cost pennies extra, but huge bucks extra - I'll have to import them from the US here into Canada, and Lord knows if they'll even make it past customs. The brands that are all over the place here are Memorex, Kodak, Sony and TDK . . . hmmm, I think that's about it.

The thing, BigO, is that when I use Decrypter/Shrink, I produce good results, but very slowly. Same TDK, same writer, etc. How then could it be the media?

My writer is +/- (Sony DRU-710A) and I've had identical results using either format of media.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Pete,

I'm reminded of the old adage, you can lead a horse(or car heh heh) to water, but........

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sorry shaddy, I either forgot or didn't know you were in Canada. I answer so many of these things I tend to be forgetful sometimes. Like I say, if the TDK is made by MCC you're in fine shape. I actually use to buy TDK til I got a batch one time that wasn't MCC, I think it's only recently,(in the last few months) they started doing this or it could have been the supplier.

Did you use dvdinfopro on them?

I have a Canadian link somewhere for media, let me see if i can find it.

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Shaddy, media wouldn't cause your programs to work slower, i think we've got our wires crossed somewhere.

Here's that link and i believe they have riteks and verbatim.

Canadian media suppliers:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/media.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

shaddy, i responded to your comment,

[bold]The disc, however, won't play. It is not being recogised by the DVD-ROM or by the DVD player connected to my TV. The brand is TDK.[/bold]

To me that suggests media problem or compatibility problem. That has nothing to do with your programs running slow or not working.

I believe I suggested using Nero recode w/ decrypter to rip and see if it ran as slow as your /shrink/decrypter to burn combo in order to determine if the problem was in your PC or in the applications. To that you responded:

[bold]Thanks for the useful info, BigO. I used a combination of Decrypter in file mode and Nero Recode as you suggested, and the process went smothly. No error messages[/bold]

Have we uncrossed the wires now? :>)

19. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Shaddy ... I just talked to a buddy in Windsor and he said that he and his mates buy their Ritek media from http://www.blankmedia.ca/

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanx catfreak, another link to put in my folder for our Canadian friends :>)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.