1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning decrypted DVD movie to R+ or - DVDR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by asusman, Oct 6, 2004.

1. asusman

asusman Member

Hi! I am new here but would like some help on burning a DVD movie from my hard drive to a disc without shrinking it, compressing or losing any or the AV quality. I believe that for most movies this will require 2 discs. I am using a DVDR+,- burner, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi asusman-
    You can download DVD Decryptor from this site (free) and that program will copy the DVD and put it on your HD--It will also burn it to disk--follow instructions--first, make a folder on your computer where the movie will go--so you remember where it is--Lots of guides in this forum to help you--
    Roger (Whitfield)

3. knapptown

knapptown Member

DVD decrypter works great for copying dvd's verbatim when they are under 4.7 GB, but I have found myself using DVD shrink for most of my burns because most, with the exception to a lot of older movies and a few new ones, are DL'ed. You can choose what parts or all if you want of a movie and it is really user friendly and the best part is it's free. I have not been able to notice anything visually different and can get audio in multi-channel formats. I've used a lot of different programs so let me know if you need help with anything.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

as knapptown said shrink will allow you to keep what you want and it does a good job, but nowadays it's gonna be hard to do a movie without compressing or doing movie only, and even then some movie files are extremely large even with movie only.

If you really are concerened about quality, I would think about DVDRebuilder used with CCE Basic. You can do an entire disc with extras and menu compressing up to and over 50% with no loss in quality! You can't tell the difference between the original and the copy, even at 300% magnification! it completely removes the need for editing and/or re-authoring.

You must rip to the hard drive with decrypter(free) use those files in Rebuilder(free) using CCE Basic(58.00) and then burn. I use nero to burn which you can download every month for free and use the entire month til you decide to buy, or some other burner if you desire. Unfortunately decrypter will only burn ISO files.

The set-up is the only work(which also includes avisynth), once set up it is a one click operation except for the burn. All of these tools including a guide and several threads concerning use of can be found here in aD. :>)