1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Divx movies using Nero

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by branchy, Mar 13, 2003.

1. branchy

branchy Guest

Hi, I need some help please...I have a lot of Divx movies...ripped of DVD's and some downloaded from Kazaa, I want to burn them and watch them on a stand alone DVD player...the thing is when I used Nero to burn such movies the file is huge to fit on a standard CD-R 700 MB ...is there a way to cut the movie into a two files to make one movie with CD1 and CD2?
    please advice

thanx

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

well you are letting nero to convert the files for you and thats a big problem. Instead use TMPGEnc to convert to vcd/svcd then just use nero for burning. you can find help on the afterdawn guides http://www.afterdawn.com/articles they have divx to vcd guides so dont need anymore!

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Wasn't a problem for me using Nero Express. Conversion (encoding) was long but I do recommend you go Dela's route. TMPFenc= great encoder!

Shoey

4. branchy

branchy Guest

so if I use TMPGEnc to do the converting will the movie file then fit into CD-R 700 MB ?

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

According to your 1st post, you'll need to split the files, then convert. I'll hand this one over to Dela as he is more experienced in this field than I am. I hardly ever do format conversions, or run into situations where I needed to split files. I mainly just do dvd backups (SVCD, DivX). Please specify what format you wan't to convert to: VCD, or SVCD

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2003
  6. branchy

branchy Guest

well its VCD, and yeah am trying ti split the file thats what am inquiring about, thanx a lot for the help :)

7. Dela

In TMPGEnc, click file - mpeg tools and click the merge and cut tab.

Click the add button and add in your mpg. click it and click edit.

click the "{" button which actually means start selection. then drag the slider to somewhere to cut the first half out (anything before 80 minutes is ok) then click the "}" button which means end selection.

click ok. change the type to "MPEG-1 VideoCD". Click the browse button beside output to save the first half of the movie and when you've done that, click run!

Then do the same for the second half except mke the start selection from where you left off and the end selection will be the end of the file! =)

8. branchy

branchy Guest

Great! I will try that later today, it's exactly what I wanted to know!

Thank you so much guys :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2003
  9. Dela

No Probs :)