1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Divx onto dvd directly without converting it???

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ash.m, Mar 5, 2005.

1. ash.m

ash.m Guest

Hi everyone,

Just burn few divx movies on the dvd using nero as a data dvd. But the format of the movie changes after burning, i mean on the PC they are 16:9 ratio with black bars up and down but when i play it back on the tv it fill the whole screen without any black bars and looks quite stretched out. Can anyone please tell me how to keep the original ratio of the movie?

Sorry forget to ask, how to add subtitles to the dvd?

Thanks

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

If this was just a straight forward data copy then no conversion has occured. The change in reproduction of the image is down to your DVD player or TV equipment.

Check your TV / Player manual to see if you are able to change the aspect ratio of the playback.

subtitles guide here:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/197950.php

3. ash.m

ash.m Guest

Thanks alot.

Well i think then it is my dvd player that is changing the image to fill the whole screen i've already tried changing it but it doesn't work.

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I believe you must encode the black bars uncropped, as blank areas, to retain your aspect ratio through any challenges.
    (Crude but effective)
    L8R

5. ash.m

ash.m Guest

Hi The_OGS,

Don't understand what you mean? Can you please explain in more detail.

I burn the avi file using the nero as a data disk and i don't have any options there to change anything just burn it only.

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

When originally backing up the DVD to MPEG4, this could be done to tailor the AVI to your playback requirements.
    This is not helpful to you though, and so could be described as unhelpful/useless knowledge...
    I take it your DVD player plays MPEG4, right? But not very well it seems, LoL (sorry).
    Your best plan would be to attempt conversion to compliant DVD ie. using DivXtoDVD (free!) or NeroVision Express etc.
    You're not gonna get 5-6 movies on a disk anymore, but will solve this specific problem, and allow playback on broader selection of players too (bonus).
    Regards