1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DL Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MaleManX, Jan 19, 2007.

1. MaleManX

MaleManX Member

Okay, I downloaded this movie, but it's a VIDEO_TS folder. I'm trying to burn onto a DVD+DL, but there always seems to be a problem. I even wasted one because of these problems.

The personne who had ripped the movie had chosen not to alter the movie in any way. Everything is still there: FBI warning, etc. I'm guessing the problems I'm having must have something to do with the copy protection, but I'm not sure.

I've read the guides on how to get rid of copy protection when you want to rip, but I have not come across any faqs telling you how to make sure that there is no protection on a ripped file (in this case, the VIDEO_TS file and it's contents).

How do I go about seeing if there is any protection left? How can I get rid of the region of the movie (there again, I think I came across faqs for that, but only for I think when you rip or maybe just iso's, I don't remember).

How can I determine the problem?

Thanks.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I would assume it's both region free and copyguard free. Nobody ups movies with 'protection', I doubt if it's even possible, but there could be some structure problems if it wasn't ripped properly. Your only concern would be if it's PAL or NTSC.

To check for structure problems open the files in DVDShrink and see if it takes them.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

More then likely all the copy protection is off the DVD and it should be region free. Most movies you get off the net are region free and the copy protection has been riped from the DVD.

You can now use a program called IMGBurn (Free) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder onto a Dual-Layer DVD by using the build mode in the program to build an ISO to burn.

Below is a guide on how to do this with IMGBurn.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

4. MaleManX

MaleManX Member

I have a Matshita UJ-840D. I've been looking around, and apparently, this model has a lot of problems.

I found a website telling me to deactivate IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE, which I did. But that did not change anything.

I looked for a firmware update for my drive, but there is none. The closest one is UJ-840S, and I've read that it should still work, but I'm totally clueless about such things, and do not really want to do anything that might mess up my drive.

I am using the best DVD+R DL (at least according to a bunch of people), Verbatim.

You guys have any other ideas?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  5. MysticE

MysticE Active member