1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning downloaded ISOs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mattyryan, Dec 29, 2004.

1. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

ok i have followed countless tutorials on how to burna working downloaded ISO. i download the game aready in ISO format so i dont need to extract anything. then i burn the image with nero 6...but the game wont werk in my modded xbox where other burnt games werk fine in it. i have no clue what i am doing wrong! someone plz help!

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Does the game boot at all? It's possible that the ISO is empty. It may says 2GB-3GB in size, but it's still an empty image.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2004
  3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Before burning a downloaded iso, check to see if it's "valid." (if it has a basic xbox game setup with folders, and most importantly a default.xbe)

4. legato777

legato777 Member

I could be wrong, but shouldn't it be an xiso?

5. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Easiest way to check to see if its valid.. try to open it with IsoBuster or WInIso. It [bold]shouldn't[/bold] open. Or download Qwix and load the ISO. It will show you all the info you need. Especially the region (pal or ntsc), comes in handy when the .nfo isnt attached :p

6. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

ok...i tried all of the above but still no luck. i've used the xbox-scene nero tutorial and it says to use cd-rom image...but the ISO is way too big for a cd. i tried burning different ISO incase some werk messed. I used Qwix and winISO...the ISO was loadable in Qwix and it didn't load in winISO...which is a good thing right? so im still lost...

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You have to drop it down to make it "DVD image" Where CD Image is, hit the drop down and make it DVD image.

And yes, if it didn't load in WinISO it's good.

8. MTB

MTB Member

eh! yea im just like him. I just modded my xbox.. softmod.. anyway, ive downloaded a few games.. tried to burn call of duty finest hour and NBA jam. neither have worked.. ive tried to burn COD in two different ways. yea im using nero.. latest one i belive, i have the samsung XBOX dvd drive(said to be the best stock one) and i am using cheap media.. (dvd-r's) but on the page where i bought them, it has all kinds of things showing how it works with XBOX, PS2, and just about anything else. so i dont think its the dvd or the drive.. and both of the games ive downloaded have been isos like he said, and they wont open in winrar (good?) ill download those other programs and see the results. i know though on nba jam in Craxtion in veiw iso.. it showed the right files.. so i know it wasnt empty, it has defulat .xbe ect. Pleaseeee help me with getting these working.. i dont know if the xboxscene tutorials would work (thoguh they should) because they arent at all for downloaded games. meh only reason i modded my xbox was to play DL'd games.. i hope i get it working.. ill check right now if the COD iso has files (isnt blank.. winrar says it has no directories, but ill try to veiw iso in craxtion, worked last time when winrar didnt)
    NICE.. craxtion extracted the ISO.. im going to try to put the game files (that i just ectracted) onto my xbox HD to see if it was the dvd-r/reader/writer/burning program ect. maybe someone could right a nice little tutorial on how to burn a DL'd iso - check if it has right files, what settings/apps to burn in.. maybe a suggestion on the media to use. it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks all ..

9. MTB

MTB Member

well, i extracted the iso through craxtion for call of duty and then just put the files on my xbox thru flashfxp. then go to boxplorer.. open the defualt.xbe, and yup, works fine. im thinking about getting a bigger hard drive now..

10. vsaiyan

vsaiyan Member

Well this is what you need to do:
    -Extract the ISO using CraXtion to a directory on your comp.
    -Create another ISO using CraXtion from that directory (create new ISO)
    -Burn that ISO to a DVD using Nero at the lowest speed (no lower than 1x)
    Should work ;)

If not than I don't know... Try different types of disks (DVD+RWs work for me all the time!) ;)

11. MTB

MTB Member

ok, ill be sure to try that out. um, the new iso you create.. is it just a plain iso? your supposed to make the isos an "xiso" so the xbox reads it right. ill still try it though, when i get my new dvd-rs (theyre being shipped)

12. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

it's ok...i found out that i actually just had a shitty version of nero...everything werks good now

13. MTB

MTB Member

bad version of nero? maybe you mean an old one.. well i have the newest one and its not working :D
    what method did you do.. what he said above.. extract iso in craxtion then re pack it into an iso in craxtion?
    and what dvd-rs are you using?

14. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

i just dl an iso the open nero 6 burning rom, the go up to recorder and pick burn image, the select the iso i want to burn and burn it using a maxell dvd-r

15. MTB

MTB Member

ehh sounds like nothing special like most people say you need to do.. one thing im pretty sure you have to check.. use ISO/UDF type when burining xbox game.. and check the box that says "blah blah blah (required for xbox (TM)"

16. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

What are you talking about?

Did you guys even BOTHER reading the sticky at the top that DOES cover Xbox Burning?

When you open Nero, you DON'T use the startup wizard.

Click out the wizard, and then go to File>Open. From there, go to the drop down bar and choose "iso, cue, bin" and go to the location of your iso and choose it.

Here's pics:

[​IMG]

This is how your screen should look before the burn:

[​IMG]

17. MTB

MTB Member

well i just searched for burning DL'd xbox games in google, didnt look on the page.. sorry :D ill check out the link in your profile. also.. pics dont work

18. MTB

MTB Member

did exactly the way your pictures showed how to do it.. it didnt work - could not perform end of disk-at-once.
    [​IMG]
    ??i dont think it makes a difference, but im burning a downloaded ISO (xiso) i extracted in craxtion and put on HD so i know it works. i just want to figure out how i should burn my DL'd games.

19. MTB

MTB Member

ah! never mind! it says it failed, but IT WORKS PERFECTLY!! a lot slower loading than when on the HD, but id rather buy these cheap dvd-rs than a huge hard drive for a lil faster loading. THANK YOU SO MUCH.. it was so much easier than everyone makes it sound.. on xboxscene they tell you to do all kinds of things.. none worked except this.
    THANK YOU!