1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING DRAMAS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by megs8888, Feb 17, 2005.

1. megs8888

megs8888 Member

IVE been backing up my movies and found that when i play the backed up copy there are alot of them that skip during the film or freeze or pixel problems can anyone help please ???? I use smart disk havent had this drama before.

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

What do you mean by movies? Are you backing up DVDs or VHS tapes? What programs are you using? Hardware, Media, etc. Please provide as much info as possible. The more info we have the easier it will be to help you out.
    HW.

3. megs8888

megs8888 Member

Sorry backing up dvds using smartdisk brand, which i havent had many dramas with, using shrink and nero latest versions. there is freezing and skipping on some of the copies anything to remedy this, Also when I use re author on some movies it burns directors commentary onto movie aswell any reason what am I doing wrong thanks.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Without ever having heard of smartdisk brand, I can pretty confidently say that its a problem with your media. When it comes to dvd media, no name brands are almost synonymous with crap. And the problems you're having definitely point to bad media.

5. megs8888

megs8888 Member

what is good media to get on web and where can i get them..i live in Australia.

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Well, I have no idea what media is available in Australia. But in general, Taiyo Yuden is the best, with Verbatim Datalife Plus, and Ritek brand, and Traxdata of similar quality.