1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dreamcast games to cd-r....how?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by debs182, Dec 6, 2004.

1. debs182

debs182 Member

I've just downloaded the boot disc and a dreamcast game for my brothers dreamcast, they are both cdi image files, i tried to open them with nero but it keeps coming up, unknown file format. Does anyone know how to burn these to a cd-r.

2. camstuf

camstuf Guest

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

Um you guys know that DC games are on GD-ROM's, they are just over 1gb.

I had the bootdisc and loads of games, just wondering if you can download and burn the bootdisc. Cuz if it's like swapmagic then it cannot be downloaded and burnt.

And sorry, they are just over 1gb... the size of the GD-ROM's, sorry about that. I just realised that obviously they fit onto CD-R's, if I had loads of backup games...

4. debs182

debs182 Member

I've worked out how to burn them, i downloaded a boot disc called 'utopia', not sure if it works yet my brothers gonna try it on his dc. My problem now is that one of the dc games i downloaded is too big for a cd-r, so i'm back to square one.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yep, Utopia is the bootdisc. It's the one I had, pretty funky reindeer on the loading screen to.

I actually sold my DC then left my games to sit under my bed. Then a year later I bought one 2nd hand. It was my machine, lol, same VMU as well. The games didnt work. They did for a while(each game each play) then it froze.

I don't have the games anymore or the bootdisc, if you could tell me where you downloaded the disc I would be most grateful. There are some great games on that machine, some that I have not played.

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

NM, i went to the site with guide. Thanks guys.