1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning dvd iso to cd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by CrzdFrrt, Jun 10, 2004.

1. CrzdFrrt

CrzdFrrt Member

I have an iso made from a dvd which is about 1.3gb in size, which I want to burn to cd (since I don't have a dvd-writer). The problem is that's it's way too big!

In the iso there is a cab file which is around 1.1gb itself, so there's no way I can extract this file and split it. Is there a way I can split the iso itself so that I can burn it onto 2 cd's?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry, you can't (burning 1.3 GB on a 700 Mb disk is a too heavy task even for us!!!).
    I would try to 'mount' the image (e.g. with Alcohol 120%), then extract the correct .MPG/.AVI contained in it. I never saw a DVD, therefore I dunno what extensions of files (MPG or AVI?) it contains, but I know that type of files it contains: a movie, N sounds (1 for any language), N subtitles and so on ...
    Extract the movie with the proper sound e.g. a movie with english sound, not with japanese sound!.
    After that, you'll have a 'small' (about 900 Mb) MPG/AVI and you'll be able to burn a couple of VCDs with it (read the guides on Afterdawn to learn how to do it).
    Bye and ... good luck

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ya 1.3GB is a tad much, you'll prolly be best off just shoving into a volumed-archive with the split set to 670MB :)

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yes, there's a lot of stuff in a DVD you don't need (unless you want to watch a movie spoken in chinese with japanese subtitles :)).

The only pity is that the VCD movie will be e.g. 352x288 (PAL) or 352x240 (NTSC) pixels, instead of being a DVD 720x576 (PAL)or 720x480 (NTSC) pixels. Not much of a problem, although...