1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD ISO

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Anty127, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Anty127

Anty127 Member

I have a copy of my PS2 game, ISO form on my harddrive. Whenever I try to copy it, and I play it in my PS2, the game doesn't read well, it takes longer then it should, and sometimes it locks up.

I want to know, what is the most powerful DVD ISO burning software that I can get, so that it will make a flawless burn? I'm willing to wait a long time for the burn to complete too.

Let me know, thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Have you tried ImgBurn?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Anty127

More then likely this is a Media issue and not a burning App issue.

PS2s can be very picky at what media it will work well with. I have found that using Taiyo Yuden media for my PS2 backups work the best. I have used other DVD media and find my PS2 struggling to read the disc normally.

So I would recommend getting different media and limit the burn speed at half the rated speed of the disc.

4. Anty127

Anty127 Member

Ok, thanks alot for the tip. Just curious though, is there any programs that work better then others? Also, is there any certain settings I should set to burn PS2 games, because some programs have like "Mode 1, Mode 2"?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I use DVD Decrypter to burn my PS2 DVD games (There are no special settings needed for it). All you have to do is put in the PS2 DVD Game and click MODE/ISO/READ DVD Decrypter will then read the game creating a ISO file of the game. Now you need to put a blank DVD into your burner and click MODE/ISO/WRITE Click on the source file and choose the ISO that DVD Decrypter created of the Game.

You can get DVD Decrypter from the link below...

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Decrypter/1011845169/1

Below are some images that explain how to do this. I created the images for a DVD but this also is the same for PS2 games.

This is the image that shows how to read the PS2 Game which will create the ISO...

[​IMG]

This is the image that shows you how to burn the ISO file that DVD Decrypter made of the game. (Don't forget to click on the source folder to choose the ISO that was created)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007